Gas Gas Txt Pro 300 2013 Issue

tylergroves

Hi Guys,

New around here got my self a new bike last week, Gas Gas txt pro 300, noticed when the fuel is getting low the engine makes a slight knock sound when revving high? anyone else notice this, looked it up online saw a post saying it might be the fuel is to lean? any ideas? thanks, Tyler :hyper:

its just pinking when its running out of fuel. all my bikes have done it... when its running out of fuel it gets leaner ( less fuel more air ) then runs hotter starts pinking. even full of fuel after a big rev or when hot mine pinks. pinking is when you open the throttle and it makes a mettalic clunking at the crack of throttle. hope you know what i mean . if its really bad give it a 1/4 turn out on the small screw on the carb ( there are two ) big one is idle. turning the small screw out ( anti clockwise ) will make it slightly richer. let me know how you get on.

• Like 1

Can also be caused by low octane fuel. Not sure what carb you have but make sure it is a fuel screw if you follow Ben's instruction otherwise you will be weakening the mixture if an air screw.

Fuel screw will be next to intake

Airscrew will be near airbox end of carb