My 198B Up To Date Pictures

steve1953

hi,

Professional tip for photographing machines. To minimise risk of slightly egg-shaped wheels, etc., set the lens on the camera, level and directly opposite the spark plug on the bike, use the fastest shutter speed you can - that will open the aperture and tend to put the background slightly out of sharp focus.

Nice bike, enjoy.

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

hi,

and#160;

Professional tip for photographing machines. and#160;To minimise risk of slightly egg-shaped wheels, etc., set the lens on the camera, level and directly opposite the spark plug on the bike, use the fastest shutter speed you can - that will open the aperture and tend to put the background slightly out of sharp focus.

and#160;

Nice bike, enjoy.

Very good tip's, some more from my personal view of taking photos.

You might take the photo while sitting on the floor. the bikes looks much better if the height of the camera is at the same level as the bike itself.

A background that is much farer away or if not neutral this is less intrusive.

Best photos can be done in the country site or inside a photo atelier.

Best hint ever:

Take photos if possible in sun light, if not possible and you are using a digital camera the exposure should be a little bit darker then needed you can then  digital fade in using Photoshop which gives mostly a better color range.

To the bike:

Very good restauration looks awesome!

• Like 1

Sprocket does make it look dumpy at the back end.

Will photograph it properly once it's fully sorted.

I'm after another tank so that I don't ruin the new one on it. Doesn't matter if it is tatty. Anyone got a spare they want rid of?

I had 1 and got a good price for it i also have a spare 198b frame S/Arm and forks and yokes. There nice bikes but nothing special about them just that they didn't make alot off them however i do have it's big brother the 340 witch is curantly under going major restoration. nice bike tho.

Edited by bondy

• 9 months later...