Trevor Hunt Trophy Trial

pitley

September 28th 2008 will be the date for the first annual Trevor Hunt Trophy Trial

The trial will be named after (to those who dont know him) the clubs long standing secretary, western centre president and former Wye Valley Traders Cups, clerk of the course of 33 years.

The club will be running a traditional one lap road based trial over a lap of 30miles, taking in 14 groups with between 35 to 40 sections.

The event will be run on an open permit, using many of the old Traders groups plus new goups the club have secured.

Two routes will be on offer, the main route aiming at riders who take part in the ACU Traditional Series, alternative route being aimed at riders who take part in the sammy miller products series, also support classes for riders on any trials machines

The club is hoping to attract many of the classic riders of the above series and riders who fancy a good day out in some cracking sections.

Also the club will be hoping this event will be included in the 2009 ACU Traditional Series.

Those who have riden in this area will be relieved to know that the subs at Tremorithic will not be in this trial, so the big rope will be left in trevors shed!

Classes.

Standard Route Pre 75, Twinshock, Air Cooled Mono, o40 mono, o50 mono, Solo Support.

Alternative Route. Pre 75, Twinshock, Air Cooled Mono, o40 mono, o50 mono,o 60 mono, Solo support.

Awards go to first 3 in a class.

RIDING NUMBERS WILL BE ISSUED IN REVERSE ORDER OF RECEIPT

Entry is set to 100.

Regs availible from www.acuwesterncentre.org.uk or entry sec Dan Sanders 01981 259890 or 01981 250458.

Closing date will be 21st september 2008

The trial will start at the Crown inn, Longtown Herefordshire map ref 326 285.

Camping is availible at the start 01873 860221, phil or jen

As usual we are looking for observers and helpers, so if you can help, call Dan on the above numbers or Andy Pitt on 07976529955

Edited by pitley

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me down to observe. Hopefully no hiccups this time. Don't let them blame the credit crunch, as I'm sure it's a breakfast cereal and I can't find it in the shops yet. :beer::thumbup:

Your on the list chap, you and nick on 3rd group where you put yer self to use last year :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Be fair Andy, most riders haven't thought yet about what they're doing this Sunday let alone the end of next month! I agree that riders should have more thought for organisers and all the hard work involved. You always put on a good trial and I for one am looking forward to it.

Talking about next Sunday, have you got a good entry for the Stan Hinsley? For those who don't know it, Bodenham is a great venue with lots of variety and a route to suit everyone.

Be fair Andy, most riders haven't thought yet about what they're doing this Sunday let alone the end of next month! I agree that riders should have more thought for organisers and all the hard work involved. You always put on a good trial and I for one am looking forward to it.

Talking about next Sunday, have you got a good entry for the Stan Hinsley? For those who don't know it, Bodenham is a great venue with lots of variety and a route to suit everyone.

DM my good man.

Entry for the Hinsley this evening stands at 6.....

THTT entry stands at 28 with 8 weeks to go.

Strikes me as a road based event is the popular choice instead of the multilap rabbit patch trial.............

Strikes me as a road based event is the popular choice instead of the multilap rabbit patch trial.............

Andy, I hope you get a good entry for the Stan Hinsley. Sorry I won't see you there, but I'd already entered a road based trial just a little bit further north.

• 4 weeks later...

Pop me down for a section I can park my rolling tea urn next to!

Been a while coming looking forward to seeing the hard work (for many years) come to fruition for this one.

Shame I can't remember the url for the website for the Traders Trial sections pictures, could create some interest ;) .

Pop me down for a section I can park my rolling tea urn next to!

Been a while coming looking forward to seeing the hard work (for many years) come to fruition for this one.

Shame I can't remember the url for the website for the Traders Trial sections pictures, could create some interest :thumbup: .

Mikey, nice one.

You got the 5th group with a single sub to look after,got to be me fave sub as it goes.

Parking for the urn provided but you will need 30meters of hose to get the tea to you by drip.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. :) How are the entries going bert ?? Have you got all the observers sorted yet ??

Good to see Mikes coming. Are Rambo n his sidekick entered yet ? :wall:

54 entrys by yesterday chap.

Obs we got 15, need 5 more to cover the first half of the trial.

No autosol merchants as yet...

Mike is doing the catering form the 5th group out his VW :iamwithstupid: