Too Many Trials In East Midland Centre Today

andat

Time for a rant. I feared the worse when I saw the East Midland Centre calendar for today. Our usual club volunteers were on national duty (Bemrose Trial) so I stepped into the breach to run our club trial. Guess how many riders turned up? Eleven, yes ELEVEN, so I had no option but to cancel the trial. No wonder really when you see the calendar. In the East Midland Centre today there were no less than FIVE CLUB TRIALS all of which were going to clash to a greater or lesser extent with each other. Dales Classic (OK its pre-65 & twinshock, but a handful would have turned up at our trial if there was nowt else on), Pathfinders & Derby, Pegasus (Grantham), S****horpe and finally ours (Sheffield & Hallamshire). Plus there was an AMCA Barnsley Club trial, and whilst I haven't taken them into account, they would have dragged a few riders from the other events. To say I'm hacked off is an understatement.....................WHY O WHY DO THE EAST MIDLAND CENTRE NEED TO HAVE SO MANY TRIALS ON ONE DAY. ITS BLOODY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Edited by andat

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the Secretary of Sc.u.n.t.horpe Mcc, we had 25 entry at ours today we had 1 rider from Barnsley, its true that S+H dont go to the dates meeting so they eiether miss there date or have no opertunaty to move, we usualy have this date, its unfortunate that the bemrose has clashed, pegaus could of moved to next week. Riders only go where they want to go.

cheers Adam Witting

if pegasus had moved to next week they would then have clashed with peterborough, a club they share a lot of their entry with,i was also at pegasus today and will be at peterborough next week, as said previously people go where suits them and the mothers day phenomenon ( have i spelt that correctly!) may have played a part in enties, but the main reason is probably likely to be the bemrose, a few were missing at pegasus to the bemrose today.

Time for a rant. I feared the worse when I saw the East Midland Centre calendar for today. Our usual club volunteers were on national duty (Bemrose Trial) so I stepped into the breach to run our club trial. Guess how many riders turned up? Eleven, yes ELEVEN, so I had no option but to cancel the trial. No wonder really when you see the calendar. In the East Midland Centre today there were no less than FIVE CLUB TRIALS all of which were going to clash to a greater or lesser extent with each other. Dales Classic (OK its pre-65 & twinshock, but a handful would have turned up at our trial if there was nowt else on), Pathfinders & Derby, Pegasus (Grantham), S****horpe and finally ours (Sheffield & Hallamshire). Plus there was an AMCA Barnsley Club trial, and whilst I haven't taken them into account, they would have dragged a few riders from the other events. To say I'm hacked off is an understatement.....................WHY O WHY DO THE EAST MIDLAND CENTRE NEED TO HAVE SO MANY TRIALS ON ONE DAY. ITS BLOODY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Oh here we go again.

I have no vested interest because my club doesnt have a trial till next week but lets get a few facts straight.

You say there were five club trials. Two of those were AMCA events. Then you rant on about "WHY O WHY DO THE EAST MIDLAND CANTRE NEED TO HAVE SO MANY TRIALS ON ONE DAY" so what do you suggest the ACU do about AMCA events ? Launch a premptive strike on their HO ?

I was at the Dales Classic event, i have no connection but i did enjoy myself and had a good bay out on my bike, where they had i would guess at 60 - 70 riders. You had 11 who was offering the riders what they wanted ???? You started the rant may i remind you.

I am sick and tired of clubs, bike shops etc in this region thinking they have some god given right to succeed.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD CLUBS, BIKE SHOPS WHATEVER HAVE TO GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT WHEN THEY WANT AND THEY WILL COME!!!!!!

The Sutton Falcons proposal failed because it was flawed.

Why dont you have a rant about the Captains Trial also on today where at least 6 people went who would otherwise have been at the trial i was at. Did Dales Classic spit their dummy about that ?????? NO THEY DIDNT !!!!

As for you canceling the trial because ONLY 11 people turned up well what do you think that says to the 11 people who did turn up ???

Do you think the very same 11 people will bother turning up to your event next time??? well if i was one of those 11 i am damn well sure i wouldnt bother. Why have the expense and effort if the organiser spits his dummy and cancels at the drop of a hat.

I suppose the East Midlands Calender is a new thing and nobody noticed this before?

Lately the attitude of some people in this centre makes me wonder what goes on in their heads assuming thats the bodily part that governs their actions.

Edited by Old trials fanatic

We didn't ride in a trial today because we had to be home for Mothersday lunch, we went for acouple of hours practice and there were half a dozen others there who said the same.

Perhaps this accounts more for the poor turn out than anything else?

I have to say, we ran a 40 section road trial a few years back wehre only 21 riders entered. It was better to run and loose a few pounds than to cancell and disapoint those who had entered.

The point is there were too many trials on today in EMC land. Contrary to what has been said, clubs cannot chose to run events when they want to. Dates are fixed by the EMC and the EMC issue permits to run events. Now't to do with the individual clubs, they just get the dates that are dished out by the EMC after the "dates meeting". Just been looking at the Calendar for April and its looking grim. On the 4th there are 4 events (Sutton Falcons, Loughborough, East Coast and S.c.u.n.t.horpe) and on 11th there are 3 events (Mansfield Maun, Cheadle and S&H), on the 18th there are 3 events (Lincoln, Mansfield Maun and Peterborough) and on the 25th there are 4 events (Earl Shilton, Peak Classic, BSSA and East Coast). Don't try and tell me this makes sense, frankly its stupid. :rotfl:

The point is there were too many trials on today in EMC land. Contrary to what has been said, clubs cannot chose to run events when they want to. Dates are fixed by the EMC and the EMC issue permits to run events. Now't to do with the individual clubs, they just get the dates that are dished out by the EMC after the "dates meeting". Just been looking at the Calendar for April and its looking grim. On the 4th there are 4 events (Sutton Falcons, Loughborough, East Coast and S.c.u.n.t.horpe) and on 11th there are 3 events (Mansfield Maun, Cheadle and S&H), on the 18th there are 3 events (Lincoln, Mansfield Maun and Peterborough) and on the 25th there are 4 events (Earl Shilton, Peak Classic, BSSA and East Coast). Don't try and tell me this makes sense, frankly its stupid. :rotfl:

Why dont you announce that you are canceling your trial on the 11th now then and save 11 people the time and expense of coming??

I am sure Mansfield Maun and Cheadle wont mind :rotfl:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Andat you are so WRONG!!!!! The EMC do not FIX dates, the clubs APPLY for them, the EMC then issue a provisional calendar to ALL clubs and the dates are then finalised at the dates meeting

getting a solution to this that suits everyone is going to be as easy as setting a trial where no one complains about it being to hard, to easy, too many rocks, not enough rocks etc.in other words b------y impossible!

I was the one of the eleven. The decision to cancell was the correct one. It was a shame as Eadons is one of the best venues around, but expensive to rent.

Don't get on at the organisers as they always put in a lot of effort and if it wasn't for then then there would be no trials at all.

Andy could've gone to Meadowhall shopping yesterday and stayed at home to watch the F1 parade today, but no, he gave up his time and effort to give us some sport.

As long as I've got an old Aprilia to ride, I'll be there.

Now get to bed, it's school in the morning !