Night Practice

fetona

I was thinking about the possibility of practicing at night this winter. I have never used the stock headlight on my GG TXT280 but I have heard that they are not all that effective. Does anybody have any recommendations for helmet lights/bike lights etc?

I used a NiteRider dual light system when I used to mountain bike at night.

It was lightweight and all the light I needed for some really fast single track.

The NiMh battery fit in the water bottle holder and lasted 75-90 minutes.

I just may have to try it out on the new gasgas! :rolleyes:

Isn't there a LDT held at night? The Lands end or something similar?

Yes your right there are actually three a year run by the MCC. The first is run in the first week in January in the South Devon area(The Exeter Trial), the second on Good friday into Easter Saturday and runs around the North Devon and Cornwall area (The Lands End) and the third the first weekend in October in the Derbyshire area(The Edinburgh Trial). The events are based around trail bikes including sidecars and cars as they run over 300-400 hundred miles taking in green lanes and putting the rider in the saddle for anything up to 20 hours. They are great events with a great sense of camaraderie between the competitors.