Gearbox :eek:

screwdriver

Hi I just bought this:

IMG_2993.JPG

Beta 250 Zero '91 (I think)

And the first thing I noticed on a very brief test ride is that there appear to be two neutrals.

All the way up/down one AND all the way down/up one. Can this be right?

Screwd.

Edited by Screwdriver

neutral should be between first and second gear, all the way down is first.

Put the bike on a box so the back wheel is off the ground and go through the gears turning the back wheel by hand (better by hand than running the engine in case there are some teeth flying round in there). you should have one neutral and six gears. I'm just thinking your second neutral maybe a gear with no teeth left on it.

Darn it. I knew there was something odd with it. No, there's no doubt, doing exactly that, there's one neutral at the top and one at the bottom. Wonder if it's possible to reassemble the box incorrectly? There are six gears, I've ridden it, it's just that there are also two (distinct) neutrals.

Screwd.

:beer: OH dear i have a 125 beta and i was cruzin between a section and as i cliced it up to 6 it went in to neutral i clicked back down and in to 5 tryed again and went in to 6th ok!!!! and from 1st to 2nd is VERY stiff!!! i might have to start carrying a hamer rownd with me whilst ridin in case!!!

• 2 weeks later...

:wacko: OH dear i have a 125 beta and i was cruzin between a section and as i cliced it up to 6 it went in to neutral i clicked back down and in to 5 tryed again and went in to 6th ok!!!! and from 1st to 2nd is VERY stiff!!! i might have to start carrying a hamer rownd with me whilst ridin in case!!!

must be a beta thing lol

have you tried changing your gearbox oil recently thats what it sounds like ???!!!