Pre-65 Entry Forms

highland lassie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read scottish regs, looks like loads of NORTON ROADHOLDER FORKS going to be left at home

due to the pre65 original factory fitment to that machine bit in the regs, can't wait to see how you

get round that one! :P

I refer my learned colleage to my previous comments on the ACU forum postings :hl:

The Scots always make it up as they go along and fiddle the rules to suit certain makes.

Arials can do what they like Cubs also but woe betide you if you have a B40 or C15.

The rules re forks only refers to the sliders and the yoks anyway so you can fit whatever internals you like. Usage of the word type is as ambiguous as you want it to be. How do you prove or disprove the age of a gearbox? What constitutes a gearbox. When is a "B25 square fin barrel" a B25 square fin barrell? what if i have it turned round in a lathe? what if it came off a TR25? what if i had one cast specially? why are Cub 250 conversions with specially cast brand new barrels ok then? what defines a "Pre65 frame" ??? How do you date a wheel hub? I could go on and on but whats the point. It's the same thing year in year out. The "names" will still ride and win on tricked up machinery, Thorpy on his cub in last years SSDT Pre65 and Neil Gaunts Arial to name but two, and the masses can do the other.

Have you actually inspected Mick Grants Cub closely? what has that got to do with Triumph Pre65 design?

Why oh why dont the bloody ACU DO something for once and have elegibility rules that apply to ALL machines and ALL classes at ALL their trials?????

I assume the trial in question is under ACU jurisdiction? or does that go by the by north of the boarder too ? :P

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Hi Guys,

I know what you mean. I bought a S/H C15t from Comerfords in 1961 it arrived by rail totaly coverd in cardboard.

As we unrapped it the first thing we noticed was that the sub frame had been totaly modified, along with the forks etc. So i could not ride this in the Pre 65 then?

If Sammy applied on one of his New Hi-Boy framed C15/B40.Do you think he would get an entry.

Regards Charlie.

lets face it guys the trial is for invited riders only,and a blind eye is turned to what ever they ride

because as long as they are over subscribed they can have whoever they want, just wait for the

photos of next years event in tmx and you can spot whos bike is event legal or not, i agree with

pitley, TOTAL FARCE.

for information for prospective entrants all these bikes passed scrutineering last year and not all were 'names'..

pre 1965 cnc machining.. pre 1965 frame, including one from even earlier from before paint was invented..

post-1834-1160075773.jpg

post-1834-1160075824.jpg

post-1834-1160075848.jpg

post-1834-1160075862.jpg

Edited by totalshell

Hi guys

Thanks for the pics Totalshell, This is what I can't understand I was making these sort of mods in the 60s, made a bantam s/h not disimlar to the pic carved a top yolk out with hacksaw and rasp and made my own oval tube in a vice. even fitted a Wal Phillips fuel injector on the Goldie outfit that Arthur Lampkin now owns XJO 277. bet that wuold be frowned upon. still try for a entry though.

Hi Guys.

I am not slagging off this superb trial,

I just wish that there was some sort of guide line to what is exepted and what is not.

If i had this info in front of me, I would jolly well set too and build a bike that was exeptable. knowing when it was built I would have an entry place for me and the bike.

The trouble is with only 180 places up for grabs and all the superb machinery that there is in this country and abroad I stand little chance of getting a ride in this event untill I am to old and decreped to ride.

Why is there only 180 places, daylight hours, admin costs,space, I dont know tell me.

Regards Charlie.

lets hope you stick by your rules or you have only yourselves to blame,with such a big event your

slowly becoming a victim of your own success.

Oh, I stick to the rules alright!

However, I've got nothing to do with the P65 trial - I'm only posting the entry forms on their behalf of as they don't have access to do this themselves yet. I know absolutely nothing about P65 bikes so can't even pretend to comment for them...sorry!

What I can tell you is that the trial is run by a very small team of extremely hard-working people who give up their own time and money to make sure this event goes ahead year after year. No matter what they do, they're never going to be able to please everybody, so whilst you're free to give your own opinions on how you think any trial is run, spare a thought for the guys and girls that give up most of their spare time for nine months of the year so that you can have your couple of days in the hills.

:D

Why is there only 180 places, daylight hours, admin costs,space, I dont know tell me.

Daylight hours. It's the same with the SSDT - we could easily fill double the number of places we've got up for grabs, but we have to make sure that we've got time for all the riders to get back in daylight - and remember that includes observers and backmarkers who have to wait until everyone is off the hill.

Believe me, if we could take more entries, we would! It would save us a whole lot of grief! :D