Pre-65 Entry Forms

highland lassie

Bout time someone stuffed it to the Pre65 Scottish organisers.

Hmph! I liked all your opinions until this thread! :thumbup:

Does anyone actually ASK the organisers about all these things, or do you just all gurn about it to yourselves? :lol:

As Totalshell has already pointed out, there's a clause at the bottom of their form which states that none of the exclusions listed apply to any compontent of any machine which you can prove to be a pre-65 original fitment, or could you not see that part for all the steam coming out of your ears by that point?

They're a brilliant bunch of guys out there, and they're in it because they love these bikes as much as you do. Get up there, have a blether with them and enjoy yourselves...it might improve your humour by next year. :o

Edited by Highland Lassie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK HL i havent organised a trial or put the work in that you do so i dont walk the walk so i retract the bit about "stuff it to the Scotish Pre65 organisers" it was a cheap shot. :thumbup:

It, and this is only my opinion, seems that some bikes get through with mods, some obvious some not, and others do not. Now this may be down to the clause you mention and i did note it by the way. However unless somebody cares to protest a particular bike then it's not worth the ink it's written in. Highly improbable that any of the top finishers bikes will be protested as that would only be viewed as "sour grapes" so nobody is likely to do that.

Personal opinion is that like other forms of motorsport that the onus as to elegibility should be down to the scrutineers. The perception amongst many is that the scrutineers check every bike for elegbility and apply the same criteria across the board. They manifestly do not and rely on the get out clause you mention above.

As a friend of mine who does ride in the trial says "The rules are the rules even if they are not applied evenly if you dont agree with that dont ride" so i dont even bother trying to enter. My bike, Otter framed B40, is frowned on and would no doubt be "unlucky" in the ballot.

The Scottish and the Pre65 2 day will always be an oversubscribed success so what people think is really irrelevant.

Just dont understand why they go through the cherade every year and why dont they just be more open about who and which bike will and will not be allowed entry. :o

Why do they have this cop out clause anyway? and why can scrutineers apply elegibility regulations in other forms of motorsport but seem unable to do so at the Scottish Pre65?

That was a question NOT a dig, if it came over as one it's because i'm not very eloquent :lol: