Rev-3 250 Or 270

olwhittyone

Everybody seems to be asking the same question here on Trials Central - do i go for the 250 or the 280/290/300.

Nobody has asked for comparisons on the Beta 250/270 - So i thought i would!!

I like the idea of low end power and a smoother power delivery - looking at other posts it seems that the bigger bikes from other brands seems to offer this - should i expect the same from the Beta?

Cheers - :lol::o:thumbup:

I have the 270 for one reason only really, it makes the excuse of "well i could nt get up that hill because I've got a 250 " redundant, beleive me I would use it alot. The 270 does seem to have more grunt though which I do like but realisticly I think I would ride a 250 better or even a 200 possibly.

Neveready on here, did say on his first trial on Sunday on his new 250 that it did nt pull him up a hill as he expected low down, sure he will just get used to it though rather than a problem.

Again i`ve got the 250 and it`s been played with a little, reeds, throttle tube,no flywheel weight, r2w carby tuning :lol: ( in the valleys this was done!)

This said though lovely as it is I do rely on the bikes power more than I feel I should and would probably go for a 200 next time round or maybe a 125 if it felt ok when tried out

I have a 270 because i have a fuller figuar, But it is still a rocket and i am like a flag sometimes flapping behind it. Everythime i say 250 250 250 250 on the way down and when Kempy say and what cc i say 270 please.

Go for a 250.

Was it Mr Lampkin or Mr Shirt who rode a 200cc for most the events one year.

Smoother power delivery, it will rip your arms out.

i have had betas since 1998. i change each year and up until 2005 i had 250's. my 07 bike is my 3rd 270 and its hard to tell if there is much difference to be honest, the 270 might grip slightly better in mucky conditions but as people have said the 250 will go up anything the 270 will , one thing is that i cant hold onto the 270 in 4th.

I know it's not the question you asked, but I rode a 200 and liked it so much that I have now ordered a 07 and collect it next Monday. I just found it so much easier to ride than the others, and plenty of power for anything i ride. It will always be far more capable than me. I ride in a lot of road based trials and 4 or 5 nationals a year (clubman route), and I have not come across anything that the 200 wouldn't handle (plenty that I couldn't though).

John Lampkin told me a story once about a massive hill climb in some trial that Doug was a bit aprehensive about on his works bike, and up the last 20 foot wasn't sure if he was going to make it, apparently Tom Sagar was there on a 200 and absolutely blitzed it.

I honestly believe I will ride better on the 200, I must admit that it took a while to swallow my pride and admit that I didn't need a minimum of 250. No doubt the blokes I ride with will tell me I now own a girls bike.

Sorry if this gives you more questions than answers.

My dad had a Beta 200 (yellow one, 2004?) and there was me (techno 250) my dad (rev-3 200) and a friend called mark who had a gasagas txt280. I loved the GG 280!! Everything was so effortless on it, and it never seemed to have the sharp bite that the techno 250 and sometimes the rev-3 200 seemed to have.

I am currently plucking up the courage to spend the money and put my order in. I know that the 200 is a nice bike and capable of anything - but as someone said earlier i can see myself saying "270 please"! There's just something eating me!!! :lol::thumbup::o

A good mate has the 06 200 I have the 250 and there aint a lot in it, the 250 feels as though it pulls a bit stronger, the 200 a maybe a bit zippier but really there is so little difference it is hard to tell.

Previously my friend had a 250 (not a Beta) and he much prefers the 200 Beta and he always claims it grips better than anything else.

One last thing the Beta 200 is 200cc just like it says on the tin, other 200s are not and as they say Stateside there just aint no substitute for cubes, so do you still want a 270 ? why not blag a ride on them all and then decide.

what's the best way to blag a ride?

BVM test day (whens that)?

I went to a trial on Sunday just to watch - it was a MAN17 just outside Buxton and everyone (nearly everyone) was on a GasGas Pro!!!

Think it will be difficult to get hold of them.

I have had experience of a Rev-3 200 & 250, but my favourite rides have all been larger capacity bikes. (so maybe i'm answering my own question ey!!!)

How do you think the Beta 270 compares to a GG280?

I have been to BVM before years back. It would need to be soon because i'm getting pretty eager!! Sandifords are doing a good thing with their test day - i was considering going down to that - but if i get struck on a 4RT my bank manager will kill me! :lol: