Beta 'factory Parts'

danbeaven

I would also like too know about the middle box, but I guess the flywheel weight is the same as fitted too the uk model bikes as standard? selling them as a spare for the rest of the world maybe? I may be wrong (probably)

But as for there use it just smooths out the bottom end power a little making for a little better traction in the mud etc.

Sorry I couldn`t be of any better help but there will be loads on here that can and hopefully will :lol:

the thinner gasket i believe will make the compression higher, id like the factory pipe but thats it. a lot of these things would be good for the continent or indoors where there is plenty of grip but here in the uk where we ride in ***** every weekend i think the beta is sharp enough without speding big dough on these extras.

I'd like to know what the Mikuni Float chamber kit is

Even the factory admit the fuel leakages ?

I love my Beta bikes but, yah, isn't that a kicker. Beta comes up with a mod to a long standing problem and charges you more to acquire the fix instead of simply installing it on new bikes or offering to owners of older models.

Apparently this mod is supposed to add additional volume to the float bowl so that the engine doesn't starve for fuel on steep down hills and also eliminates the neede to adjust the float tang.

DanBeaven Posted Yesterday, 08:45 PM

leave it on, leave it on, and finally, leave it on!!

Can't understand why the hell you'd wanna take the weight off...

DITTO

Why is it that guys seem to be buying perfectly good bikes out of the box then proceeding to try & convert them into fire breathing, un-rideable beasts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless you are riding World/Euro or British Championships, you do not need any more power than a standard bike.

Edited by Adsy

Why is it that guys seem to be buying perfectly good bikes out of the box then proceeding to try & convert them into fire breathing, un-rideable beasts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless you are riding World/Euro or British Championships, you do not need any more power than a standard bike.

I agree, but that wouldn't stop me making the bike super power crazy in the summer just for the added enjoyment.

Well I was only wondering, i just had to remove it last night to get the flywheel off, I wasn't saying I was going to neccecarily keep it off, i just thought I would ask, because my old bike was a 200 and was better with the flywheel weight off.

DanBeaven Posted Yesterday, 08:45 PM

leave it on, leave it on, and finally, leave it on!!

Can't understand why the hell you'd wanna take the weight off...

DITTO

and even for most british championships, expert class especially a well set-up standard bike is more than ample.

I am the guy in the U.S. that traded Heath for the flywheel weight.

I live in the wet , muddy northwest, the flywheel weight tames the power in my 270.

We have have found the flywheel weight in the slippy is wonderful, compared to stock.

The v-force reeds just make the 270 too quick for my ability.

Heath, you have a 250 right? Don't those come stock with the counter weight on the clutch side also?

Which would mean in the UK the 250 would have both weights installed, right?

In the US the 250's come with the clutch side weight and the 270's do not. (06's)

None come with flywheel weights.

I am not sure about the 250's but the 270's in the US comes with a fast throttle.

I guess what I am getting at is by taking your flywheel weight off your basicly running it stock compare to everyone except for the UK versions.

Is that correct?

Jack

After all these years i have put mine back on. I rode in Wales up some rocky streams when i started back and i was all over the shop but with it back on it was too slow.

Then someone said take the spacer out of the reads and leave the weight on and for me it great.

Is there not 1/2 a flywheel now that would be great.

Heath,

If you have the clutch side counter weight on your 250 and you still want more snap you can (simply) remove the clutch side weight.

The US importer said some riders in the US do this. There is a Beta Tech sheet that outlines the procedure.

I was actually going to put one of these counter weights on my 270 to give it a try. Got the clutch basket off, but did not have the proper gear puller for the job.

The counter weight shown on the beta web site is the one for the clutch side and presses on the gear attached to the crank shaft.

A couple of riding buddies of mine have switched out the 270 head for a 250 head, therefore running no weights, and are very happy with the results.

Although, just started to rain here last weekend, so one buddy put the flywheel weight back on and I witnessed a noticable improvement in his riding in the muck. He agreed.

For me I prefer the 270 with the Uk flywheel weight. Feels like I can approach the steps with a less speed than their 250, but the added inertia helps carry to the 270 to the top, less over shoot, more control.

The 270/250, two weights, options help tailor the Beta engine to each individual's style and ability. Pretty good set up if you ask me.

BTW - Mikuni carb has never given me a problem with the floats set to proper height. Not sure why others have this problem. Maybe lucky?

Jack

Edited by sideup