Beta Techno Weight

jonno

Just wondering, i have a Beta techno 99, but recently iv been 'worried' about its weight, as in, is it regarded to be a stupid heavy bike compared to todays standards or am i just being stupid? i want to start comps but am i wasting my time on this bike? also does anyone know how much it actually weighs?

cheers

Jonno

Your being stupid :thumbup: well you asked. Really though it is a perfecly competive bike. I have a new Beta and I am sure if I rode a 1999 Beta given a little time to get used to it my score would be the same as with my new bike. Go have fun with it :lol:

Edited by sirhc

In my experiance,an 80kg bike is no problem at all once you get used to it.You only feel the weight if you get into situations that are to difficult for you,then you havt to start lugging the bike around if you get stuck somewhere,thats when it feels heavy.If you stick to a level that you can handle,you can keep moving and enjoy it.

Thats the year Dougie was in a league of his own. He would drop 12 the 2nd place person would be on 36.

The bike can do far more than we can and i would say that the changes made with the later bikes will not help if you have only just started in trials.

Go on and enter an event you will have fun.

One of the lads we ride with rode a 97 Beta for a year (2 years ago) and he is now a very good rider so it wont hold you back.

When i was starting to ride competitions my first bike was an old Yamaha ty175 and as i moved up to newer machines the expeirience of riding the old machine only made it easier ie still working as hard to get through but not needing too and if i could stand and balance on that i could do it on anything so wouldnt worry bout the techno its ideal for a starter or even if you are not planning serios stuff you havent thrown a lot of money at a bike to destroy it god forbid