Glenn, Steve Fracey And The Other Us Citizens

lee harris

Hi Glenn, Hi steve,

I have a good (erm lady!) friend of mine moving to the US of A to work in Michigan for at least a year or so. She will only sell me her Coach (motor) if I find out where she can ride in and around Troy. (Another Auto Engineer.!!!)

She may just watch this thread or join and add to it, but tell me all the info you have on where to ride. ancient or modern!!!

Lee

I don't know of any practice areas in the Detroit, Troy area but if she wanted to ride in some trials events she should check out http://www.motatrials.org/ and click on the next event tab at the top. This is the website for the Michigan Ontario Trials Association. We have six clubs in the association and each club puts on two events for the year. Hope this helps.

on edit: yep Biff would definately know.

Edited by ZIPPY

:guinness: OK Lee , got me offgaurd with this one !!! But I wish besides the ITSA events in Tenn. I wish I could tell her where to go !I've driven through the area she will be in but never ridden there !!! Although as posted earlier there will be some unbelievable country to ride , in that neck of the woods !!!

And if anyone cares I did terrible at the twinshock event last weekend... OUT OF SHAPE and PRACTICE and not enough banana's for energy I turned to jello on day one !!! I rode a class lower on day 2 and had a much better time riding the scot format !!! But except for my having the bike geared to low and my flat worn out shocks the old 240 pro ran perfect with the jetting changes and WES silencer on her , a little too zippy as geared ! I 'll put the 11 tooth counter shaft back on to practice with before my next event....

AND BRIAN Where WERE YOU !!!! It was a fantastic RIDE all around !! Bob , PeeWee, and Hockey Boy are some of the best folks I've met in YEARS !!!

And Lee if your freind wants to come see South Carolina From a mechanics viewpoint , she can come play with my fantic in exchange for some child watching so I can go out on a date ...!!!

And last but not least , STEVE you must come east and check out a ITSA event !!!! It's the real world again!

www.twinshock.org We rock and have more fun than should be legal !!!!

:guinness::guinness: Glenn

And although I have a degree in mech. eng. , I still twist a wrench everyday for something to do ...!!!!

Too many prior commitments and lack of time to search for a real job ... and don't tell her I said compared too the Japanese and German engineers , most Detroit's should be hung , they have NO understanding of

servicing and general maintenance in the real world !!! Although Fords Diag. systems are pretty hard to beat for real world available info for those of us with the laptop to plug into their onboard systems ! Boy , the turn key car is getting complicated these days ! BRING ON THE HYDROGEN !!!!

Edited by axulsuv

Hello together,

I'm the Fantic-riding friend of Lee who will move to the US.

I did some research on the motatrials.org website and found that some of the events are not too far from the area where I will live. So I already know that I have at least the opportunity to watch some trial competition. Not always as nice as riding, but better than nothing! :guinness:

@Glenn: What was your proposal? You'll take your children with you while having a date and I can do some Fantic nursing during this time??? :guinness::guinness:

We'll see, when I decide to come to South Carolina, I'll let you know!!! Thanks for the offer!

As mentioned above, there are several MOTA events that would be close to you but if it does not work out to ride at the events, you are welcome to come to my place and ride. It would be about 2 hours or so from Detroit. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you contact info...

I did not see it mentioned above, but I am assuming that you will not be bringing your bike to the States? I have a Sherco and a Hodaka. You are welcome to use either one.

Edited by Gaby

Hi Gaby,

I won't take my bike with me, shipping is too expensive and too much paperwork and I don't have any place where I can store it in the Troy area right now. Thanks a lot for the great offer!!! When I will be in the US (and my bike clothes, too), I will contact you and we can meet probably.

FanticMatze :guinness: