Gov 132 Is Lost.

charlie prescott

How about some of you Guys posting pictures of your GOV look-alikes and giving there spec.

Thanks again Guys for a superb forum.

Regards Charlie.

Greetings all:

Not exactly a "GOV" clone, but a "Millerized" Ht5 replica here you could say. There's no "real" HT's in my area so the replica was a far more practical (and competitive) way to go, with most of the bits available in the pre-65 aftermarket including Miller's of course. A road model Ariel VH basket case was the starting point. Major departures from other Millerized HT's are the use of Ceriani forks instead of Norton (My Norton didn't want to give them up!) and Rickman hubs... as Ariel Leader's are also non-existant here. It's a "work in progress", with ongoing suspension, carburetion and magneto sorting completed, but it works real nice and getting better with additional sorting. Tossing the worn out Amal Monobloc recently in favour of a new manufacture concentric was a step in the right direction. For anyone interested thers a short build article at Bob John's HT5 site here: http://bobjohns.coastinternet.ca/ariel/hunter.htm

Regards, Doug

post-548-1163268145.jpg

Hi Guys.

Hi Jim, and Doug. (Huntmaster)

Thanks for the pic , I have been following the progress of your bike. I hope she rides as good as she look's.

It's a long old job to get a bike that's right (rite) isn't it.

Do post some more info on the build of your bike, as it would be very intresting to me, and the rest of the guys over here i'm sure.

Regard. Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

I think 788 GON is a typographcal error being 786 GON!

Big John

786 GON (OR 788 GON) is not on the dvla computer(at least not on an ariel) which is odd as i would have expected a bike of historical interest to have had it reinstated even if it had been lost at some time.

GOV 130,131 AND 132 are all on, with dates of original registration for GOV 131 and GOV 132 correctly shown as 1947. For some reason the date of original registration for GOV 130 is shown as 1954.

How do you trace a registration number via the DVLA computer ???

Trying to make some investigations relating to Millers first Bultaco, 669NHO, can anyone remember if there were any other 4 speeds that Sammy was using at the time??

My brother has a very early 4 speed Bultaco that has recently been checked out by Joan Figols as "possibly" a factory prototype.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Guys.

Hi Martin,

Still trying to find out how to trace an historical reg , have been told you have to pay a fee to the dvla but will explore more.

Dan Shorey had the first Bultaco factory trials bike, the one that Sam tried secretly before joining Bultaco.

I will try to find the registration number of this bike for you in case it helps you with your quest.

Regards Charlie.

If you want to find out if a bike still exists, a start is to go onto www.dvla.gov.uk/vehiclelicence You need the reg no and make. If the vehicle in question still exists AND has a V5 relating to it, it should show up, giving date of registration etc. Obviously frame no's and present/previous owners are not shown.

It goes without saying that a bike can still exist even if the number does not come up. Even a spelling mistake where the make is shown on a V5 would stop it coming up.

Francis Barnett's can be a nightmare, with about 4 or 5 different ways of spelling it.

Bultaco 669 NHO is on- first regd 26/11/1964

Hi Guys.

Hi Mick.

I thought you would help us out. I will try to delve into the web site stated.

Cheers mate.

PS Found the web site "this opens up a whole new ball game".

For example .BOK 228C.First registration 21/01/1965.

Year of manufacture.Not available?

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replys....you have come up with an interesting piece of info Mick.

The story of this Bultaco started around 1987, when my brother and I bought a batch of 4 Bultacos from a vintage dealer who had cleared out a shop. We had a 1974 325 complete, a 4 speed complete, a 67 250 5 speed (San Antonio)...and this early 4 speed in bits. We paid

Hi Guys.

Hi Mick.

I thought you would help us out. I will try to delve into the web site stated.

Cheers mate.

PS Found the web site "this opens up a whole new ball game".

For example .BOK 228C.First registration 21/01/1965.

Year of manufacture.Not available?

Regards Charlie.

Yes, its a good site Charlie, you find yourself checking all your old bikes to see if they are still around and the famous works no,s as well

How do you get in to the right part of the site to check on numbers etc as I tried a couple of days ago and seemed to go round in circles. Thanks :thumbup:

just type in www.dvla.gov.uk/vehiclelicence When the page comes up, click on vehicle enquiry. The address is case sensitive (must be non capitals)

Hi Guys.

Hi Bo.

Glad you found it eventualy. I spose the Cider is strong in Hereford though.

My first tr20 cub 1962/3 is not on the site. but most of the others are.

Here's a good one though 776 BOP first registration, 29/03/1982. year of manufacture 1960 343 cc.colour Silver, Jim must have polished the tank. PS. Still looking for the Ariels.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guys.

I am still alive (just). I have just been checking registration No's on a web site, and have now changed the Reg no I thought was on Sam's third bike, to 372 EOX. OX is a birmigham prefix so this makes more sence.

I also have checked this Reg Number on the Dvla Site Against an Ariel but it is not listed , But we will continue.

Regards Charlie.