Rubbing Cables

bob

Hiya,

I've recently bought a 2006 rev3, the front brake hose has been rubbing on the bottom yolk near to the bolts and has worn off a reasonable amount, what do people do to stop this, I've put a zip tie round to protect the yolk, but it doesn't seem to be holding in place too well. Is it a problem for anyone else.

Bob

Hiya,

I've recently bought a 2006 rev3, the front brake hose has been rubbing on the bottom yolk near to the bolts and has worn off a reasonable amount, what do people do to stop this, I've put a zip tie round to protect the yolk, but it doesn't seem to be holding in place too well. Is it a problem for anyone else.

Bob

If the brake hose is routed inside the mudguard brace, unroute it and put in front of it and then simply fix it to the brace with a cable tie. My 04 bike ended up with a 1/4" groove in the yoke and that was with a hoop thing fixed to the number board! Done the above with an 05 and an 06 and it keeps the hose well clear :guinness:

Hi bobin

once that

you have done the above to prevent yer cable from rubbin' put yer carbon or clear toughstuff patches over the area that gets a rubbin' as you do on yer pushiron. that will protect the material from getting worn through. Actually having had a nosey at the new 270 im quite fancying another Beta,dont spose you know anyone with a rich dad eh Bob? :chairfall:

is your brake hose routed through one of those do nuts on your number board that ought to keep it away from the yoke..

It is now, i don't know why I didn't think of that! I am going to route it outside of the mudguard bracket aswell. :blink:

Actually having had a nosey at the new 270 im quite fancying another Beta,dont spose you know anyone with a rich dad eh Bob? :chairfall:

I wish! The key to being able to aford a new bike is avoiding tax, and stashing money!

You'll have to come up one night this week Marky Bouy for a practise.

Cheers everyone!