Bultaco 199a Sherpa T Shocks

rick1

I recently aquired a 199A which I plan to ride vintage with. I have two questions. It has the original (skinny) Betor shocks which need to be rebuilt. Are there rebuild kits available for these shocks and if so where can I get them. If I were to put a new set of shocks on this bike what are some of the recommendations? Thanks

Hi Rick

The older Betor - skinny type shocks were not really re-buildable.

Your options are really

More modern Betor - which are rebuildable - Sammy Miller and most of his stockists etc will sell these - but check that re-build kit is available.

Falcons - more expensive - totally rebuildable

Rock Shocks - recently re-introduced and look great - and full rebulid parts available etc and used to be about the best shocks available for twinshocks - probably a little more expensive.

I think there are sone NJB ones also available - not sure if you can rebuild these

Can recommend the falcons, have them on the fantic, Robin at falcons knows his stuff and can match spring rates etc to the size of your waist. Best to call pm, he use to switch on the answer machine in the mornings to get some work done. 01929 554545 (I think)

Is there a web site for the rock shocks always lusted after a pair in me youth :thumbup:

Can recommend the falcons, have them on the fantic, Robin at falcons knows his stuff and can match spring rates etc to the size of your waist. Best to call pm, he use to switch on the answer machine in the mornings to get some work done. 01929 554545 (I think)

Is there a web site for the rock shocks always lusted after a pair in me youth :thumbup:

No website, Pete Eddy is basically selling them himself, either direct or at the shows and various events that he gets to

Call Sammy Miller and ask about the new Works Performance trial shocks. 100% rebuildable but you will never wear a pair out! Triple rate spings, large bend resistant stainless steel shafts with ultra plush damping. You will love these rear shocks.

I have a pair on my personal Sherpa, It rocks!

Big John the shoks in the bike you used in Robregordo where Classic Team, the same used by Mick Andrews in his James. The best shocks, but unfortunately the man that made them is out of the business now. I am happy to own 2 pairs