De - Coke

fellonmelug

This is another one of those terms that didn't make it across the pond. I for one had never heard of de-coking, I thought he must have meant de-corking as in removing a restrictor that come in the pipe, of course the Beta 80 has none. From the other responses I now gather he is talking about getting the carbon build up out. Do you guys over there call carbon, coke?

Where would you purchase Castic soda from?

Last time I bought some it was from a local hardware store but thats all the way over here in Blighty I`d only guess it`d be the same over there? used too come in a box as powder form. But as I say it`s been a long while since I bought any! got good old caustic tanks at work now but they are a little more agressive!

Used to use Castic soda on my TY50P exhaust many moons ago just to keep up with the FS1E's, no i'm not talking another language i'd say a few readers would know where i'm comming from........

Castic soda will clean the gunk from exhausts but in my experience not the carbon side just the 2t gunky residue, and these days a good degreaser would be safer.........

Has any one tried the "Carbon Clean" stuff that the 4wheel brigade use instead of dismantling their over engineered engines????