Italjet In Action!

italjetfan

Hi Sherpatensing!

Is the article something you could scan?

Any photos/specs would help in trying to trace the history of the things.

The one i'm riding in the picture is a very early one, possibly a prototype, so i'm keen to try and make sure I rebuild it correctly!

Cheers,

Nice article Loydee!

Like you say, plenty of Green.

There does seem o be a lack of info/enthusiasm on Italjets; I know they never have been the most loved of all the twinshocks, but variety makes any hobby/sport more interesting!

I get a lot more people stopping me to ask either "What is it?", or "Why bother?" etc., than riding a Bulty or a pre-65! Obviously that doesn't make it a better bike, but as i'm never going to win a world round on it, it gives a perverse sort of pleasure to beat other more "well supported" bikes!!!

There have been plenty of times when i've thought of selling up and changing to something with better spares availability, but i've kept going, and i'm very glad I have!!!

All the best,

Italjetfan!

• 3 weeks later...

I used to go to the Motorcycle show at Earls court in the UK every year and I saw an amazing trick rider once who rode an Italjet. He had 2 or 3 bikes in case he trashed one! another bike had no forks or front wheel - Steve Colley wasn't the first!!

Perhaps you Italjet guys can put a name to this guy.

I seem to remember the petrol tank had 2 caps, one each side, or is my memory playing tricks on me.

I used to go to the Motorcycle show at Earls court in the UK every year and I saw an amazing trick rider once who rode an Italjet. He had 2 or 3 bikes in case he trashed one! another bike had no forks or front wheel - Steve Colley wasn't the first!!

Perhaps you Italjet guys can put a name to this guy.

That was Bernie.

Is the Italjet AHRMA legal?

I thought there was some sort of stipulation for SWM's last year that kept them out and for all intensive purposes (dont hit me italjetfan) this is basically a similar bike.

Hmmmm

My Dad rides AHRMA with his couple of greeves and I like riding with him but the whole shifter and brake on the wrong side is screws me up. I want to get into a non yamaha AHRMA bike for the coolness factor and the practice. Italjet would be nice and Mike Comer of Tryals shop can still hunt down parts as of last year.

-Biff

I'd steer clear of that Italjet on Ebay... check the guy's feedback.

I think that is our former TC poster, ktm96duke, If so one of those Italjets is the one I sold him , and he stiffed me for something like $375.00 in unpaid freight charges. I hope (If it's him) that he gets what's coming to him. The feedback seems consistent with our guy. Good luck to anyone who tries to deal with this jerk.