Alloy S/arm For Tlrs

motomike

why is the price such a big secret every time one of you wants to sell something?

Now there's a question - a bit like why was there so much 'mystique' surrounding where to get a one piece TLR tank seat unit and how much are they. All that cloak and dagger PM me for details stuff. Why not just come out with the source and price which is what interested parties want to know.

why is the price such a big secret every time one of you wants to sell something?

Now there's a question - a bit like why was there so much 'mystique' surrounding where to get a one piece TLR tank seat unit and how much are they. All that cloak and dagger PM me for details stuff. Why not just come out with the source and price which is what interested parties want to know.

Well said, but would that not be 'advertising' and then you get taken out and shot or somthing like that?

Woody, I'm glad somebody at last, has had enough courage, to say what i'm sure most people think. The name for these people is 'secret squirell' They get some retired or near retirement proper engineer to make them up a few swinging arms or a few frames and then sell them at some exhorbidant price, its all about supply and demand, make to many, then no demand. Anyone is allowed to go to, say, Robin Rihn Tutt or Mickey Whitlock and get any trick part made.

Woody, I'm glad somebody at last, has had enough courage, to say what i'm sure most people think. The name for these people is 'secret squirell' They get some retired or near retirement proper engineer to make them up a few swinging arms or a few frames and then sell them at some exhorbidant price, its all about supply and demand, make to many, then no demand. Anyone is allowed to go to, say, Robin Rihn Tutt or Mickey Whitlock and get any trick part made.

I think if you knew the cost of producing frames in 2006 ,you would not think them exorbidant.

There has been several months work put in before any frame was produced,

all time that has to be paid for,plus sourcing materials etc.

At the end of the day,there is little or no profit.

in another topic on this same forum you're allowed to discuss prices, manufacturers and shops selling shocks but in this topic you're not allowed to post a price of a swingarm? strange rules in the advertising world

Edited by tlrs

The bar on advertising in the forums is presumably to stop traders from advertising their products free of charge and/or without contributing to the upkeep/sponsorship of the site (I'm assuming this obviously but it seems logical) It is different if individuals with no commercial intrerest/benefit in a product recommend it - that's just recommendation, not a trader's advert.

That wasn't the issue (for me) or whether the item is worth the price being asked - people will vote with their wallets on that issue, if they want it they'll buy it which is fair enough - I just find the 'I'm in the know but I'm not telling' response to a direct question that crops up from time to time in some topics, annoying and pointless. This is trials, which we're all supposed to have a common interest in, not the Masons.

Edited by Woody