Fuel Issues

trialskid

I have had my Beta 06 for around eleven months and it has just come to my attention that i should be running it on super unleaded fuel as opposed to normal unleaded. Tonight I emptied the tank and filled it up with the super unleaded. the bike started ok and ticked over without problems, however once i put it into gear and tried to move off the bike died instantly so I re-started the engine but this problem repeated over and over again. I should point out that I had the bike back at the dealer at about three weeks old as the bike ran choked from new. He told me that he had adjusted the clip on the slider if that means anything to you. This cured some of the initial issues but i now think the real problem was the probably the wrong fuel...... i would like to run the bike on super but can anyone tell me if the carb will need re setting to cure the running problems, maybe its down to this clip he moved.....please advise if poss.

Here in the U.S. my Beta runs fine on 91 or 93 pump gas. As far as jetting ours show up here with a 30 pilot ,150 main which can be a fuzz rich so some change to a 27.5 pilot and 145 main. It all depends on weather and altitude. Try to get with someone in your area that help you.

I run my 06 beta on regular or super depending on whats available. it runs a bit smother on tickover when using the super. your bike is probably stalling due to

Clutch drag. Try speeding the tickover up a bit. The setting of the needle jet is

Only going to affect the bike when the throttle is opened. I have found that the

tickover does need a slight tweek when the engine warms up fully