96 Techno Clutch Drag

tapitout

Hi, I've got a 250 96 beta techno with a clutch that drags real bad, nearly knocked the shed down this morning trying to free it off. I've checked the plates, they look ok tho I havn,t had them on a flat surface.Reinstalled them ok and refilled gearbox with fresh ATF dexion 11. Clutch felt fine for all of 5 minutes then began to drag again.Any ideas or do I just take a run at the sections like an old SWM :wacko:

My sons got a 94 techno that suffered the same when he got it, tried the oil change and that made no difference, ended up changing all the plates and started running it on PJ1 clutch tuner oil 80w and never had a problem since and its been well used and abused for the last 2 years like that, also change the oil after about 10 - 15 hours running time.

hope this helps

My sons got a 94 techno that suffered the same when he got it, tried the oil change and that made no difference, ended up changing all the plates and started running it on PJ1 clutch tuner oil 80w and never had a problem since and its been well used and abused for the last 2 years like that, also change the oil after about 10 - 15 hours running time.

hope this helps

What he said on a 97 though, new plates.

My '97 drags only when cold ... first click from N to 1. I warm it up ... then give a few pushes like a skateboard and click it in to 1. After I break the discs free, it does not drag again ... until I let it sit over night.

I was told this is normal for a Techno.

Yes ... No.

Edited by G.Kennedy

My '97 drags only when cold ... first click from N to 1. I warm it up ... then give a few pushes like a skateboard and click it in to 1. After I break the discs free, it does not drag again ... until I let it sit over night.

I was told this is normal for a Techno.

Yes ... No.

I will give it a try tomorrow,I found the water pump seal was shot,so I'll change it and put some fresh oil in and give it a try,may be cheaper than new plates. :wacko: