Fantic 200.. What A Bike!

stefan

Hi there,

finally after a year of searching I got myself a 200 and can put my TLR200 to rest. I am really impressed by that wee Fantic! What a nice handling bike and the power picking up sooo smooth... you know what I mean!

Only a couple a things I probably want to fix:

-Clutch needs a lot of finger-force: cable is mooving freely.. anything else to have the clutch actuation less "blistering" (to my finger, that is..)

- Clutch slip in 5th/6th gear... No noticeable slip in lower gears... what oil do you recommend?

Cheers!

Put some new clutch plates in, I got mine from Steve Goode, I had a new kickistart as well as mine was a bit worn and then take out two of the clutch springs from opp sides of the basket so the plates seperate evenly and the clutch will be much lighter. Works fine been doing it for years (since the bike was new). Loads of people used ATF in the 80s I never did can't remember what I did use then, but use ELF HTX 740 in all the bikes now. It's expensive but works like no other IMHO (no drag or sticking even when cold). Enjoy. :guinness:

TREAT YOURSELF TO A HEBO HYDRAULIC CLUTCH KIT . I PUT ONE ON MY TRICK 200cc 200 FANTIC AND NEVER LOOKED BACK . I ALSO USED ATF IN HER AS I DO WITH ALL MY FANTICS 240'S RIGHT UP TO SECTIONS AND THE CLUTCH'S HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FINE . NO STICKING WHEN COLD .

Have you seen the mods for fantic clutches on Trials central? I have modded my 300 and a friends 200 with it and it works a treat look at the actuator arm on the back of the engine this needs to be extended about 20mm then fabricate a new cable mount from steel/ally, that bolts onto the old mount but takes the clutch cable across 20mm and down about 10 mm. I made mine from ally and incorperated a cable adjuster into it.

The engine needs to come out to do it really. There are pics of the mod by others on here some where!!

Good luck where about are you in the land of the long white cloud?

actually the minarellis can be moded in the same way. add a chain link, (one side) fixed with a 3mm nut and bolt. Put one on the clutch actuation arm that goes under the flywheel cover. A really slick action comes if you raise the cable fixing on the top of the motor also. If you use a 428 link, I think that is best. If you use a 520 link the clutch is even lighter but for me too long!

lee

Edited by Lee Harris

I tried that no were near as good as hydraulic !!!!!! i started a trend in our center most people now have hebo kits fitted to there 200's and even 240's but i dont think 240's need them , the extention arm is enough

do you have a picture to how you connected it up to the clutch arm on the engine.

thanks