New Rev 3 Mikuni Carb?

aj201280

See new post on here, does nt look like it?

If your picking it up Friday, ring them tomorrow and get them to do the carb mod before you pick it up, will save endless use of swear words and loss of hair in sections.

Edited by Betarev3

AJ, not got an 07 (06) so cant say much more, look great bikes though hope you enjoy it. Well worth buying and getting the dealer to fit the float extension bowl as well, should cure pinking on climbs and if its running boggy/rich there is a carb jet kit which can if needed transform a bike overnight (in my case)

• Like 1

AJ, good point, dont think Eddie does any big lap trials or it would be a problem for him. Mine was running dry very quickly in Wales and not making it back, got the mod done and must have given me another 20-30 minutes of running time.

Bike was also a bitch to start sometimes with the fuel leaking that bad, glad its sorted now though well worth the effort.

Good luck with the SSDT, that carb mod will save miles of pushing

Edited by Betarev3

Endo, Beta still have 116,455 of the bloody things still on the stock shelves from the 2001 Ebay job lot auction they won, got to get rid of them somehow. Ralphs picking up the Dellorto flat side today and trying it out sunday, will post with the results on the 270

AJ, good point, dont think Eddie does any big lap trials or it would be a problem for him. Mine was running dry very quickly in Wales and not making it back, got the mod done and must have given me another 20-30 minutes of running time.

Bike was also a bitch to start sometimes with the fuel leaking that bad, glad its sorted now though well worth the effort.

Good luck with the SSDT, that carb mod will save miles of pushing

your right a big lap trial here is about 6 miles.

betarev3...will be very interested to read your comments on the dellorto. Ive been threatening to buy one of them for years..cant really afford it now, but Id really like to try one.

Funnily enough, and Im sure this is only a coincidence, its only the 270 rev 3's ive owned that ever leek. The 250 I had never dropped a bit from day one, and I never did anything other than clean the carb.

my 250 wee`d everywere from day one of my ownership and too r2w`s dismay I left the fuel on overnight the first day I had it but since he got it going and told me about the tangs thats all I needed too do none of the drilling mods (oh I do clean the carb after every ride) But i`m also interested in the differnt carb opinion as its such a costly thing is it worth it?