Cabestany Signs New Contract

cota kid

I see Albert has signed a new 2 year deal with Sherco. Good move for both rider and factory. Outdoors, if he ride all 2007 to the same level to which he finished the 2006 WTC, then I reckon he will certainly improve on his current third position.

Runner up to Doug?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see it at some point in the not to distant future the FIM saying 4t for both WTC's. Does Sherco need to find a 4t rider fast and who could it be? Will their bike start :xmas:. (couldn't resist saying that - sorry) Should Cabs or Jarvis have rode the 4t when it was introduced?

Gas Gas: why didn't Raga go to Montesa could it be the pending Gas Gas 4t?

Beta: Why did Bou switch to Montesa when he would have known about the 4t and i suspect would have rode it to see how good it really is(money is not always the driving force behind decisions)

Are the WTC's riders saying only the Montesa is competitive? Are the manufacturers privately saying their 4t's are not competitive so keeping there 2t's? The general public will buy irrespective of whether its a 2t or 4t, so long as its seen as the best bike.

Cabs signing the new deal is good news, but better we see him on a 4t don't you think?

Edited by spud

Cabs signing the new deal is good news, but better we see him on a 4t don't you think?

Not really... the 4t isnt as competitive as the 2t. Anyway, I believe Cabs rode the 4t in Santigosa... or one of those spanish multi day trials. Did pretty good... But why take the risk competing in the wtc on the 4t, when raga is still on the more snappy 2t...

What if Sherco invested a bit more time and R&D into their 4t? The engine power will never be a problem because the motor can be increased in size and tuned until its got way to much power even for Cabs. The handling will be spot by todays standards, the brilliant chassis and suspension needs no further input. whats lacking is perhaps the EFI, but then the Scorpa in the hands of Kuroyama finished way up the leaders board at the Japanese GP with a carb. Why won't Sherco compete a 4t in any WTC? Frexia would be a good rider.

Edited by spud

The standard 4T is pretty powerful I can tell you. If Caby rode one, it Could be made to be as powerful, if not more powerful than the current 2'ts with probably just a 2kg disadvantage in weight. That would be the only thing.

A lot has been made about the extra weight but if it were a line race then it would matter more than it does in trials. These guys are fit atheletes and I really dont think 2Kg's will make much difference at their level.

Caby can ride that 4T sweet, I would love to see him ride one next year :xmas:

I reckon Bou went to Montesa HRC for a few reasons, money probably being one of them. However Montesa HRC are without doubt the most professional factory set up that there is. If Bou has intentions of a World crown, which I'm sure he does, then he is with the best team to fufill that ambition.

Evidently he can ride and flick about on his back wheel as good on a 4RT as he does on a Beta. I for one are looking forward to seeing him riding the 4RT.

As regards Raga. He didn't go to Montesa HRC because they did not want him.

Might be a good time for the 4T brigade to wake up. The 4RT is too bl**dy loud. Sure the emissons are reduced but the local church probably doesn't appreciate the bark of a 4RT on a sunday in quite the same way as Cota Kid (mentioned on another thread). Nothing against Cota Kid but noise is one of the issues the sport must address and its about time people stopped accepting that the 4rt is quiet at tickover as some sought of justification. If the bike produces less emissions but we lose the land due to the noise what exactly has been gained ?

The other manufacturers are bringing out four strokes as well but how many are easier to ride than the two stroke?

I still dont understand why the manufacturers / FIM dont focus on improving the emissions of the two stroke ?? and i really don t get why some of us are so keen to see the death of the two stroke at world or local level. Honda have always liked to have four strokes in trials (eddy lejeune, saunders etc) but i'm quite happy for Cabby and Raga to stay on the two strokes and for the rest of us to pay

The standard 4T is pretty powerful I can tell you. If Caby rode one, it Could be made to be as powerful, if not more powerful than the current 2'ts with probably just a 2kg disadvantage in weight. That would be the only thing.

A lot has been made about the extra weight but if it were a line race then it would matter more than it does in trials. These guys are fit atheletes and I really dont think 2Kg's will make much difference at their level.

Caby can ride that 4T sweet, I would love to see him ride one next year :xmas:

With out doubt the 320cc engine has got to have some serious power thats a big motor, and the 2kg isn't much when you consider its tipping the scales the same weight as the 4rt. However, looking a Fuji's bike i reckon his bike (and Doug's) is below 70kg and this is where the big money of honda works against Sherco. But the size of the rider could make the difference in weight difference (bike and rider) between say Doug on the 4rt and Cabs on the 320cc.

If Bou has intentions of a World crown, which I'm sure he does, then he is with the best team to fufill that ambition.

Evidently he can ride and flick about on his back wheel as good on a 4RT as he does on a Beta. I for one are looking forward to seeing him riding the 4RT.

As regards Raga. He didn't go to Montesa HRC because they did not want him.

Disagree, the 4rt was not the winning package for 2006 nor will it be for 2007. Why do we keep hearing Montesa is constantly developing their bike, and we hear 'nothing' from Gas Gas? Its catch-up to Gas Gas for Montesa, and even though Gas Gas do not have the best rider in the world their bike is by far the best!!

Bou has made a mistake going to Montesa better he stayed with Beta and become world champion 07.

All this speculation and not a hint of factual results used from the 06 season - smell the coffee please!

The acid test will be if Frexia improves in 2007 should he ride a 2t (namely Gas Gas)

Edited by spud