Trp Shocks?

essex rider

Right, ive heard the standard shock on a sherco isnt that good and was wondering what replacements there are.

The ones ive found are the ohlins one and these new TRP ones.

Does anyone know if these are any good and how much a TRP shock is (they look so damm good in orange)

Any help much appreciated

:blush:

think they were 03 290 and 05 290 my first ride on a Sherco and was mildly impressed although the Beta still has the edge for my personel feel

Not fully fixed and only short little rides hurts a bit but i`ll get over it! plus I need too get the strength back in that hand/arm somehow! why not do it riding :blush:

Edited by barrybaines

Or ride a twinshock with VERY stiff clutch any you will be super strong (like me :( )

The 06 shock are supposed to be the bad ones not the other years.

I also had a go on a 125 gasser and the shock on that was dead and power delivery horrible, however it very rarely gets looked after :blush:

There was a guy selling his Gasgas Ohlins shock on here last week as he had gone Sherco and the Gasgas shock would not fit. Would not recommend it anyway as it will be valved and have a spring to suit the Gasgas not the Sherco.

• 1 year later...

Hi All, I've just got a TRP for my 2007 Sherco and it feels great. I have a few questions though. Which way up is best for access to the adjusters and what exactly does the small screw and the orange knob do. I assume they are rebound and compression damping? I'd really like to hear from anyone with experience with this shock.

Off Road Action (Jitsie) had TRP shocks. It is a good shock.

Off Road Action Dealers UK

Watch also the catalog of Off Road Action

About the Sherco shocks:

The old shocks, 99-05 are good. 06 shock not so good and 07 shock is bad.

Your own weight is important, when your weight is not average, or you have a 06/07/08 sherco shock, it is a good idea to replace them, like a TRP shock. I know Patrick from Thijs (racing products) (TRP) and his own products are from high quality.