Beta Techno 250 1996 Model - Good Bike?

ktmsprocket

I think it will be a good bike to start on, plenty of knowledgable people on here to advise if you need mechanical help and parts available easily for Beta.

Probably a bit biased as I have a Beta :bouncy: but everything comes down to the budget your working with and the actual condition of the bike you can get.

You havn't said where your from or what you will be using the bike for i.e. trials events, messing about etc and if you already own said bike but for whats its worth I would say if the bike is in good condition and the right money then go for it. :moon:

There are many other options but all depends on your budget. :chairfall:

Hi there,

I am 27 and had never ridden a motor bike at all never mind a trials bike. That was until earlier this year when I took the plunge and bought a '97 250 Techno. I had considered buying a bike for years and so far I can't say enough good things about mine (other that the rear brake is rubbish).

A word of warning though is that the initial power surge can be daunting for a novice. I was upside down in a ditch of nettles within 5 minutes. Seriously!

Good luck man.

Merry Chrsitmas Everyone.

KTMSprocket, for starting out most bikes will be fine, obviously depending upon the condition of the bike. I'd suggest, provided the cost & condition are fine, the next point to consider is backup. As Jetset said, there's huge amounts of backup for Beta right here on TC.

Zebedee, you might want to look at why your rear brake is rubbish - We've 2 '97 Technos and the rear brakes are fine.

I'd guess it needs bleeding or new pads (WD40 overspray etc. can kill the braking effect of said pads - I'd know!!!) :thumbup:

Edited by RuffRider

Hey Ruffrider,

When I got the bike the bike the rear brake was non existant. As the caliper was pretty knackered (thread stripped) it has now been replaced with a brand new one with new pads. I have bled it to death and still it is no where near as effective as it should be. I have the adjuster set correctly and the master cylinder seems fine. Reading various reports suggested to me that this is something that many Technos suffer from.

Any suggestions?