Sheffield Review

joandemma

Sheffield was as good as ever, sections were even harder, especially in reverse as Dougie found out to his cost. At halfway stage he was leading and looking back to his best form, but the Montesa man was found out by the big jumps and even fell on his final race-he was not in contention then though. Raga took pole spot with Tony Bou as runner up. Marc Vinco was terrific at half time with his cycle skills and I was the one who caught his shirt in the crowd - it stank! Wonder if Dougie would benefit from a return to two strokes, think Beta may be a couple of riders short now. Happy new year to all. :bouncy::wall:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come raga won?? when we left after what we thought was the last race bou had it in the bag, yea he lost his race to raga but should have still had about a 4 mark lead. can somebody shed some light on this??

Edited by jjWhite

dont know when you all left but we watched the awards giving and it was toni bou 1st raga 2nd and fugi 3rd, did i miss something?
TRUE!

We were a little annoyed that at least 50% of the audience left either during (!!!) or immediately after the last race. Okay so your keen to get home but the riders and organisers deserved a decent round of applause during the ceremony after such a fantastic night.

I have to say that when Dougs footrest snapped off during his last race with Fugi, Fuji stopped to chech that Doug was okay before finishing the race. Not many riders would have broken their 'tunnel vision' to check on their opponent. Well Done Fuji - HUGE RESPECT!!

I have to disagree with the statement that the Montesa was found out by the big jumps if anything I think that last nights performance shows that the 4RT is now on a par with the 2 strokes which can only be a good thing for the Indoor sport and I think they will really be a force to be rekond with once the outdoor season starts.

Well done to all the Riders last night it really was one of the best Sheffield Trials to date

:agree:

last nights performance shows that the 4RT is now on a par with the 2 strokes

i mainly agree with that, after seeing fuji almost overdo the big skip jump in an almost "ahvala like" attempt, i would say that they most certainly dont lack the necessary power, they might not have quite as much as the two strokes but enough to complete all of the sections thrown their way. the big limiting factor appeared to me to be the weight issues, they just didnt seem to have the grace that the 2t riders seemed to have when hopping the bike around.

last nights performance shows that the 4RT is now on a par with the 2 strokes

i mainly agree with that, after seeing fuji almost overdo the big skip jump in an almost "ahvala like" attempt, i would say that they most certainly dont lack the necessary power, they might not have quite as much as the two strokes but enough to complete all of the sections thrown their way. the big limiting factor appeared to me to be the weight issues, they just didnt seem to have the grace that the 2t riders seemed to have when hopping the bike around.

We will have to see if this is the case when Bou gets hold of one.

Edited by Cota Kid

That's me just me so photos etc later.

Keep the feedback coming. Martin & Neil are keen to know what those who were there thought. What did you think of the format of the first lap with each rider starting at a different section? Any other ideas or suggestions (constructive only please!)

I thought the format worked really well and told martin crosswaite just that at the bar after.

I think the big advantage of the section starter being a new rider on the 1st lap was much fairer and certanly gives new/lesser/wildcard ridersa better shot, would have been nice to carry that through to the second round.

It was because of this non stop action and gives a rider who has fallen or has bike trouble a chance to sort these whilst the action carries on and on.

Thought the sections were spot on and if doug had not nose dived into the log he would have won, I,m sure.

It was the best Sheffield I've seen, and I thought Bou won because he was consistent rather than the best.

Nice to see Raga relaxed and having fun. Dibs first lap amazed everyone. Cabestany lookde very steady but the fives caught up with him. Fuji was all ball$ and he even changed maps mid section/between sections.

The 4rt have power is it as much as the Gasser or Sherco, difficult to tell but they have shaved the spoke flange on the back wheels so it looks like the weight saving is at its limit.

raga for the indoor championship I think.

Great night.

Empty seats, you guys missed a good event.