New Engine Any One ?

jamie stokes

hi there i have a sherco 125 2000 and it needs a new piston + rings and big end bearing so this is were i need your help: were can i get a piston ?? were can i get a big end bearing ?? or does any one know where i can get a new-reconditioned engine ? (i no i dont need one but it may just be easier)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi my dad is a more than capable of doing it (he works in a garage) i have had some bits of rathmells and there good people but the parts cost a lot. so by asking on here i was trying to find out if any one has a piston ect or people who no shops who can get them (they DONT NEED TO BE OFFICIAL SHERCO PARTS ) and that reason is why rathmells charge so much its because they are sherco parts and it dont bother me what make they are.

cheers jamie

come on. Some one must know some were that does cheap parts

In my experiance jamie cheap part's are normaly a mistake to buy mate.

there life probaly won't be as long as the genuine part's so in the end it could cost you twice as much.unless your thinking of selling it staright away. :icon_rendeer:

I've never heard of anyone doing replacement part for sherco's, you might be lucky and find a cheaper piston that fits off another bike but my guess is it will cost you a lot more in the long run trying to find one that might fit or modifing one to fit correctly.

I still think you will have to send the crank away to get the big end changed, it not a job most garages will do.

come on. Some one must know some were that does cheap parts

Hi Jamie,

Go to MRS or a Sherco dealer, pattern parts or non-official parts tend to break much quicker. You'll also get guarantees from MRS for any work they do as well kiddo, well worth it.

D

You are giving us the impression that you want it fixed as cheap as possible to get rid and the next buyer will get the problems.

If you are going to do a job Jamie then do it properly, dont do a bodgit repair as one of us might be the eventual buyer of your bike.

no thats not the case what i am going to do is fix the bike and say it has had cheaper parts fitted and then it is up to the new owner if they want to use whats in it or put better parts in after all i dont want to spend

Edited by jamie stokes

I suspect that when you strip it you'll find a few more things wrong with it,it's going to cost more than 200sovs to fix it by the time you've bought gaskets,seals,main bearings,piston,small end had the crankshaft

rebuilt etc.I'd sell it as is as a field bike or partX it .,first loss is best loss in my experience.Sorry to put a damper on your hopes