Boulders In The Backyard

ghankerson

I paid $150 a ton delivered and placed. I learned that rock is heavy! 100lbs per square foot. So a 3 x 3 x 3 boulder weighs over a ton.

How did they get the rocks into your back yard? are you able to move them around at all or are they too heavy?

Yah, I meant cubic foot. The guy had a crane and drove down the alley. It had a 20ft reach. I haven't tried moving the big ones yet. I have an engine hoist which hopefully should move them. Can't do it by hand as a couple of them are around a ton. Me and a friend can barely move the 500lbs one. The crane guy said he'd come out for $85/hr to reposition them if needed. I'd only need him for about 15 minutes though.

Edited by ghankerson

Oh that's just great............The wife wants to relandscape the back yard......I'm in trouble.

Hey! What are you growing in the greenhouse?

What the heck is tones?

What was the total cost of all those rocks?

One of the pictures you stuffed it.............need to hold pressure....although you may end up in the patio.

Edited by Dabnabit

Just had some boulders delivered to my backyard. Talk about fun! :icon_rendeer: Already popped a tire back there. Here are some pics of the setup:

DSC_0014b.JPG

That red stand looks a little bit suspect....sort of left foot distance handy,while skillfully balancing up there.. :wacko::blink:

Oh that's just great............The wife wants to relandscape the back yard......I'm in trouble.

Hey! What are you growing in the greenhouse?

What the heck is tones?

What was the total cost of all those rocks?

One of the pictures you stuffed it.............need to hold pressure....although you may end up in the patio.

We're growing all kinds of organic vegetables and herbs like, celery, parsley, artichokes, etc. I think tones is UK for ton. Well I bought 3 tons of rock for $450, plus he threw in a .6 ton one for free because he was late. Plus I borrowed 3 smaller rocks from the desert myself. Yah my buddy stuffed it on that one. I am still building up the courage to try the gap.

And the stand works nice incase you miss. Surprisingly I probably have over 8000lbs of rock back there. But being able to ride whenever I want has really helped me get better. And there has to be over 100 different lines to choose from. Otherwise it's a 30 minute drive to the desert to ride.

Edited by ghankerson

Thanks for the tips Plunker. I was thinking about gravel of some sorts as the dew in the morning, and my sprinklers has turned it into a mud bath. All the grass is gone where I typically ride. But the mud makes it more challenging as we don't get much of that here in the Phoenix desert. My wife is ok though with the course I setup. She knows I am having fun and she has her greenhouse.