Italjet Trial 80

mick

Just bought this Italjet 80 for my Son, it in a bit of a state but with new mudguards and lick of paint it should be OK.

Its about half way between a Ty80 and a full size bike.

The engine rumbled some what so I stripped it down, when I took off the exhaust there was about half a pint of oil in it! further inspection found the main bearings and seals are gone.

Ive been told Harglo-Performance have spares for them so I will try them on Monday.

Anyone know any other sources for spares for these or any info at all I they any good, can't seem to find much on the net other than one or two pictures.

post-13-1080413756.jpg

Hi Mick

I kept the motor from the Italjet and but unfortunately sold the rest to a guy from Wales at the Coventry Off Road Show. Since then I have got hold of some new 80cc Minarelli piston kits. If you are interested I can be contacted at www.motoswm.com

Martin

Thanks Steve and Martin

I got it going last weekend after fitting new mains and seals.

I got in contact with Steve Goode who supplies spares for the 250 and 350 Italjets, the brake shoes are the same size and he also had cables and mudguards.

I've got the rest in bits at the moment and me and my son are busy cleaning and repainting it (not exactly concours but it'll look alot better).

We're trying to get it ready for a camping weekend my club has over the May day bank holiday weekend.

I'll put some more pictures up of it when its back together.

Mick