Road Registered Needs?

nokesy

Hi. I'm thinking of buying a second-hand road-registered trials bike, and am getting conflicting advice as to what one need to be road registered. My understanding is that for a daytime MOT, it needs a speedo, horn, and brake light. I guess for a full MOT it needs front & rear lights. Anybody got the definate answer? Thanks, Nokesy.

For a daytime MOT you will need a 1) Speedo (wireless mountian bike one from Halfords is just the job) 2) Brake light (front and back brakes need signals) 3) Horn - mega blaster (from Halfords) 4) Log Book 5) Tax disc 6) insurance.

For a full MOT you need all of the above plus front and back lights with the front having main and dipped beam.

You also need a bike licence !

Daggs <_<<_<:crying:

daylight mot

horn continuos tone eg electric not some rubber horn from a vintage car!

brake light activated by fronta nd rear brakes

speedo not req. for mot ( is for road traffic act but not to get your mot)

registration document not required ( frame no. can be used)

insurance not required

the hardest bit is getting your brakes and all your bearings, forks shock/s, linkages, tyres, exhaust all to be working correctly..........

For a daytime MOT I believe that you need a horn, a rubber pushbike type is ok according to my MOT station where I go(audible means of approach) a working speedo, and a red reflector on r mudguard. Obviously all brakes suspension tyres and all the rest needs to be up to scratch. Visit UKMOT.com to read more. :banana2:

Edited by bo drinker