2005 Txt 300pro Regulator - Help Please!

elsiboy

Have just bought a 2005 TXT PRO from a mate and after the first outing it would no longer start! After checking all the usual stuff I decided to get it down to the mechanics who identified that the regulator had burned out. Then the saga starts!

The regulator is the Ducati Energia version 1 module fitted to the 2004 - 2005 300 pros - the one with the blue end to the connector block. Unfortunately I am struggling to get a replacement :beer: . I just got off the phone with the guys at Gas Gas Moto in Buxton who tell me that despite being on order from GasGas Es. for two months, no Version 1 regulators have yet turned up. However, they have supplied me with a Version 2 unit (with the black end) but this doesn''t fit the connector on the Stator wiring. I have tried Maplin, RS and Ducati but non of them use the same connector system :unsure::D !!!!!!!!!!

I am now awaiting feedback from GasGas Es. on whether or not the part is obsolete.

Have any of you guys had the same problem? Do any of you know where to source the connector or regulator?

I don't suppose it is the end of the world because I could just cut off connector block and fit extensions with micro spades but this is a bodge that I would like to avoid.

Cheers!

Paul

If I were you, i'd use those little blue cramp connectors. Cut the wires from your old regulator and refit the plug to the loom so that the old regulator wires are hanging loose. Connect the new regulator to them using the blue blocks and then wrap some insulating tape around each connector.

A bodge I know but at least it will be reasonably neat

Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

I should get an answer from Spain this week and if the part is not available I think I will go for the connector swap as Plan A.

Spinner,

Are the pins on the Version 2 regulator in the same order as the Version 1? They look the same on the wiring diagram I have.

It looks like the connector block is glued to the side of the regulator did you just cut it off?

Cheers

Paul

Cheers Spinner.

Looked at the regulator after I replied to you and decided it was an impossible job anyway.

Summary so far is:

There are no blue ended version 2 regulators in England and gasgas Es don't have any on the shelf. They are on order from Ducati Energia and should be at the factory at the beginning of Feb.

No one can point me in the direction of a suitable connector block for the Version 2 regulator but have decided to wait rather than chop the loom, assuming that the proper regulator will turn up in the next two or three weeks. :angry:

Just as well that I haven't flogged the old Sherco yet!! :D

• 10 years later...