Will The Yamaha 250 Mono Ever Make It As A Classic?

scotty

I know theres been a lot of praise for the above bike inc pinky! but what are your veiws on this model heading for future classic status , and will they ever really be worth everything? bearing in mind there is still lots of them about? :D

Well my 1989 TY250R is definately not for sale! Ask anybody, it still has its original frame paint!!!

Only modification to standard is a Birkett conversion front brake plate, well worth it! (I still have the original part in a plastic bag)

Big John

Big John.

your gonna have to work that photobucket thing out.I would like to see a picture of that bike.

I dont think it will be 10 or 15 years re the Pinky. It is not long coming. Its finding the right un molested example, the sort of example Big John has. Pitley has a good one also and does well on it against modern bikes. I had a 270 and it was not the best so it had to go. I will wait and have another when I see the right one for sale. :D

Edited by bo drinker

Your right Bo the early mono's are becoming very collectable.But there not classic's yet.

If bike's work like car's it will be branded as a classic on it's 25th birthday. :D

Edited by bilco

Here's my TY. It had only done 300 odd miles when I got it and was completely standard. I did intend to ride it so I ended up de lugging the frame, fitting Hebo Pegs, porting it, shortened the inlet manifold, (still have the original barrel though) lightened the flywheel and completely new plastics etc. I would have probably been worth more bog standard but that wasn't the point of buying the bike.

post-591-1170141573.jpg

post-591-1170141839.jpg

Edited by Hughesy

P.S. What about the TYZ? Will that ever be a future classic or has the Beta Techno got the crown for that era?

I hope so, I've got a nice one of them as well! :angry:

boofont Posted Today, 05:22 PM

Some interesting things on the back shelf there Hughesy, what's that white tub with the blue lid?

I really have no idea what you mean Boofont, casting aspersions on ones character like that! :D

Anyway, Liz said I could have them! :D

Off topic, Are you riding this weekend at Crieff?

Edited by Hughesy

Your right Bo the early mono's are becoming very collectable.But there not classic's yet.

If bike's work like car's it will be branded as a classic on it's 25th birthday. :banana2:

I class my TY as a classic, as I do my VFR750, both are a design icon for there age....no need to wait 25 years....

If bike's work like car's it will be branded as a classic on it's 25th birthday. :banana2:

I class my TY as a classic, as I do my VFR750, both are a design icon for there age....no need to wait 25 years....

TY 250 mono's are coming up to 25 years old and the first gear driven VFR750's were introduced about the same time. So I would think it's fair to call your bikes classic.