Kickstart Winners 1978 1991

kickstart101

In 1984 David LLoyd won the senior class and Steve Colley won the junior class of Junior Kickstart. Not sure who won the Adults that year but it's a start.

David Lloyds victory was completely out of the blue as he was on a twinshock Fantic up against Rob Sartin who was on the new TY Mono and the likes of Phil Disney, Wayne Braybrook, Duncan Baxter etc however the heavens opened after Davids ride giving him the chance to take the win.

He later burnt his house down by accident whilst lighting the fire, destroying the house and winners trophy in the process! I'm pretty sure he was presented with another when they heard the story. smile.gif

Hope this is of some use.

Edited by hughesy

Kickstart 1983 was won by Bernie Schreiber on my Jumbo SWM !!! Motoswm.com have very kindly provided a link on their site - to the actual episode - well worth watching. The Jumbo will be appearing on Martins SWM Stand at the Malvern Show Saturday 17th Feb.

Cheers :guinness: JumboStu :D

• 1 year later...

Blimey what a find this website is.

I had forgotten when Lloydy won.. and yes it did pee it down on that day... oh what memories.. also remember Julian Ingham falling off the log bridge.. going mental and gunning the bike all the way round.

Didn't Steve 'Woody' Hole win a few kickstarts ?

I'm sure i remember Diego Bosis winning in 1988 on the Aprilia TXR, though this may have been the one where they were paired with junior riders, possibly Andrew Johnston on a fantic 243?

yep they won, i was third with saunders ,who let me down :gay:

If anybody could help me with the junior kickstart winners from 1980, 81, 82, 85, and 87 that would be great?

My friends tell me to get a life, but i would like to have a compleat list. :hyper:

Peter Purves might be able to help - seriously. I dropped him an email a while back about this topic raised on TC back in 2005. I got very nice reply direct from him - not his agent or anybody else, but from him personally. Came across as a really nice bloke who was genuinely interested and he updated his website to include a link to the topic. His contact details are on www.peterpurves.com.