Boyesen Dual Stage Reeds

the addict

Stuck them in today, wow what a difference :D smoothed out the throttle really well. Not had a chance to give them a good test yet, but keeping my fingers crossed it will make a big difference for the better.

Most difficult part of fitting them wasnt removing the reed block,carb,exhaust and moving clutch cable!!!! getting them out of the packaging without bending the buggers took nearly as long :wacko: is there a trick to it? the vacuum packaging was a pain.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where did you get them and how much? how old ,and how much use has your bike had, i only ask as i have had similar performance increases by just replacing the reeds with standard ones but on bikes that were a few years old, and a bit tired. but if these give a good feel on quite a new bike i gotta have some !

Paul, make the purchase mate :D you wont be dissapointed.

The Boyesens have not only smoothed out the throttle on the bike but there seems to be more rpm at the top end and basically running alot cleaner/smoother than before.

The biggest change and best is the throttle response from nothing to quarter openings, the bike has lots of grunt and the grip on this opening is vastly increased. I have'nt had to re-jet at all as evertthing seems to be running fine, doesnt seem weaker or richer throughtout the rev range. Definatley one of the best buys for the bike so far :wacko: well worth the

Edited by Betarev3

Not yet Barry, he has nt fitted them yet. As you know the main problem with my bike for a while has been the odd vibration that is felt through the throttle. The Boyesens have smoothed it out at last and improved low down running, taken 9 months to get the bike as I think it should run so well chuffed today.

Dad is also well pleased with 4rt, take him a little while to get used to some types of sections (Grip) but seems to be riding everything else better (If thats possible) and hopping around like Toni Bou with a firework in his pants :D Even Ralph turned up today, and enjoyed himself even though the quarry was really muddy :wacko: and not too many for F*** sake shouts from him even

Edited by Betarev3

I was very interested to read your report of the improved performance by using the Boyesen reeds BetaRev3. I was on the phone to a shop to order some and they mentioned that Steve Saunders had used them and wasn't impressed with them and they didn't improve anything...

If the reeds are old then replacing with even standard ones would improve things i'd guess. Were your standard reeds old on your bike Betarev3?

Anyone had any back to back comparisons with new standard reeds and the Boyesens?

Interesting to hear someone reckon they weren;t an improvement after the goods reports here!

Bike is only 9 months old and I changed the reeds 2 months ago, the ones i took out where fine and sealing pefectly. The difference with the Boyesens has been quite dramatic on my bike cant say everyones though, couple of mates have used Boyesens on their Monts and swear by them as have a couple of people posting here.

Which shop told you not to buy them mil? and what did they offer instead? I have heard good reports on the V Force reeds but I am glad i did nt spend the extra money now as the bike is running so well

For setup on my bike this is what I run now

270 - 06 Rev3

Jitsie Filter

PJ1 air filter oil

65mlitres of TTS in 5 Litres of High Octane pump Fuel

145 Main Jet

27.5 Pilot jet

One notch up on needle jet

Saunders Carb mod (drilling)

Float heights set as per R2W site

Boyesen reeds

Platinum 5EVX plug

Reed block spacer removed (mainly for ease of removing carb)

Float extension bowl

Also as said above on a post the bike is very hard to stall now, you can crawl up hills on next to no throttle and if asked for more speed the pickup is smooth and maintains grip

Edited by Betarev3

I have done the carb mod's to my 8 month old 250 and

changed the jets to 27.5 and 145 main, this alone

has made the bike run so much better it has taken

poppy feel right out of it and smoothened it right out,

so much better of the bottom now runs lovely.