New Techno Owner

mikee

I'm sorry I can't help with the manual, but I have a 1997 Techno (in purple) and it is a superb bike to ride. I have replaced the clutch plates to cure the usual drag problems that occur when the plates get worn. I have owned it for five years and that is the only time it's needed attention. It's a great bike.

Yes, it is a common fault on the techno. Faulty sender, located at the top of the cyl head. Temp cure is to connect the wires together making the fan run all the time. There is no real problem with this so long as it's not too cold, then the coolant will be slow to reach normal running temp.

Thanks ruffrider that would be great. The forks are going to be the headache. They do work and there is no oil coming from the seals. Its just feels that there is not enough travel there for me and they do feel hard. I

The forks on your bike are paioli and they are

both filled with oil not air .The left hand leg

has just a spring in it and on the top is the

preload ajuster ,the right leg has the damper unit in

and no spring the ajuster screw on the top ajusts

the compression damping and works on the oil flowing

through the valve. If you phone beta uk they will be

able to tell you the oil quantity for each leg as these

are different! Hope this is of any help.

Mikee

I've scanned a few relevant pages on forks and also the wiring diagram

I've zipped 'em and tried to attach the 2MB zip to this post but failed.

Anyone know how to do it.

Alternatively Mikee, PM me your email address and I'll sent it.

Regards.

Edited by RuffRider

I have alot of info for you,all the specs and such,,Bit I'll be damned if i can't find it right now!I suspect it's hibernating in the Shed with my (97) I'm in Northern Minnesota and it's about -12 degrees right now so bare with me. :rotfl:

Brrrrrrrrr,that was nasty cold,, 360cc each tube,I recommend bel-ray hi performance 5w or 15w My Paoli's like it. Thermostat (sending unit) part#29 11960 I also recommend checking the water pump impeller and seal,they tend to wear on the shaft and get loose.

Edited by Half a tire Right

Hi Mike,

I've just emailed you the pages from the manual.

Whichever way you look at it, the bike's not a spring chicken and needs looking after.

I'd say a sender unit won't cost much from a Beta dealer and would be well worth the spend just to getting it running right.

You haven't entered where you are, but JLI (John Lampkins) are always really helpful.