Took The Plunge

lewis

finally got my bike 06 scorpa sy 250 at last, it was a toss up between 4rt and sy ,ive had a 05 4rt , 01 scorpa ,04 200 beta ,beta was great to ride and mantain but i just dont like the look of them , to help me decide i bought 06 ssdt trial ,after watching it a few times i think scorpa ,4rt looked the most sorted in sections ,i know different abilitys come in to it ,overall i thought both bikes held there line best ,so started looking, not many 4rt about

or any tips with scorpa would be good . lewis

Hi Lewis, hope you are pleased with the new bike!!, the only mods i can think of is to fit decent footpegs, as nice as the stock items are they are a wee bit fragile!.

Grease around the top of the airbox and rear mudguard where they mate up leaving just the front portion clear where the tank fits, this stops water getting into the airbox, unless you submerge it! :rotfl:

I would also recommend an NGK Iridium spark plug, i fitted one of these two years ago( or whenever i bought the bike :rotfl: ) and have never even had to remove it to clean it never mind replace it, iridium plugs is the place i have used before.

Cheers, Brad.

Edited by lastplacebrad

The only mods i can think of is to fit decent footpegs, as nice as the stock items are they are a wee bit fragile!.

Say what? I have had 5 Scorpa in a row, all with these footpegs, and never found them to be fragile. They are CNC machined from a solid billet of duraluminum.

The only mods i can think of is to fit decent footpegs, as nice as the stock items are they are a wee bit fragile!.

Say what? I have had 5 Scorpa in a row, all with these footpegs, and never found them to be fragile. They are CNC machined from a solid billet of duraluminum.

Duraluminum, golly thats' some good stuff!

I must admit, I've never damaged my pegs in five years of Scorpa's (an'02 & an '05) that said, we ain't got no rocks around here. :rotfl:

The 05 0r 06 ones were beefed up as they used to break before that apparently (only of you have rocks to break them on in fairness) . Problem I had was that they seem to go blunt quickly them your feet slide off in muddy conditions. Hebo pegs change the footrest position slightly so I put Raptors on mine, not cheap but very good.