Off-road Vehicles (registration) Bill

drop5

(quote)all this b***sh*t to stop mini motos and cr80's been ridden round community housing projects and guess what..

they'll still be ridden round yet you me and every other decent person will have to stump up(quote)

i agree with you 100%

but thats this goverment for you if they cannot sort a problem they just make the honest people pay for it (rant over) lol back to the medication

Edited by sr34

Now i am known for having a rant. Must try harder to not bite so easily.

How are "They" going to know i've got an off road bike?

Perhaps i'm missing something?

I'll read it again.

Yep read it again. Two of my Trials bikes are registered so are on SORN so dont count. The other two dont have any frame numbers as the frames are "specials" and the Manufacturer, Me, didnt see fit to stamp any so there were not any to remove.

Anyway to the best of my knowledge most plod are so thick at to not know a Beta from a BSA and would just go by the name on the tank and the numbers and wouldnt know where to look for a frame number anyway. So just stamp the same number on all your bikes call them all the same and stuuf em.

As usual there are so many loopholes and holes in the logic of this that you could drive a tank through it.

Can see how it would affect you if you bought a brand new bike but to be honest i can never understand why anybody buying a new Trials bike doesnt get it registered at time of purchase anyway? What have you got to loose?

Now Moto Crossers, yes they will have a problem. So heres the plan get every Moto Crosser and Quad rider you know to flood No10 with letters of protest. Make it letters as they have to answer and cant just send a round robin e mail such as the one Tony B Liar just sent out.

Remind them that there is an election looming and that their lieing, deceitful, sham of a government is leaking popularity faster than an RTA on a trolley wiating in A&E for yet another hour.

They are trying to slide this in by the back door as usual just like they did with the rights of way act hoping the usual apathy and "if i dont say anything they might ignore me and leave me alone" British attitude will prevail, which as usual it probably will, hopefully not this time.

OK had a rant but it's one of my milder ones.

Perhaps we should all move to Spain? :hyper:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Illegal bikes riding around in public places can be easily dealt with by the Police now using Sec 59 of the Police Reform Act. After one warning, if the bike/rider is caught again within 12 months, the Police take the bike and you have to pay recovery charges to get it back.

A bike can now also be seized for no insurance and you can only get your bike back by producing valid road insurance.

Don't underestimate 'thick plod'. It's happening.

Looks like we will all have to suffer for scumbags who cause disturbance. Yet another backdoor tax.

do you think plod will know one bike from another when its been caught 12 months later which isnt registered or has a frame number. a lot of riders dont reg their bikes as they will never be used on road now they will have to pay the

Can't see it helping theft any as tens of thousands of registered vehicles disappear every year and are never reunited with their owners, only partly due to lack of police manpower.

Did you hear You and Yours a week or two ago? Woman in Manchester saw her sons' two motocrossers being ridden away by two young guys and called the police who actually turned up at her door to tell her that a patrol had already spotted them. Great thought she, they'll be caught in the act. Ah but....the police refused to do anything as the lads were not wearing helmets and, if they pursued them and the poor wee scones got hurt, then the police would be in trouble. As she said the moral of the story is; if you want to nick a bike then don't wear a helmet and the cops will wave you on your way.

So how is the registering of off road bikes going to do anything about the mini motos etc being ridden round the local estate if the police aren't prepared to even attempt to catch the bu**ers anyway?

The government is OUR government if you don't like it vote them out, simple.

If you feel strongly speak to your MP but I bet the complaints about mini motos from ordinary decent people (voters) have got there first. When the nice weather comes it will be worse.

How many of the complainants above have done anything to stop this menace to motorcycling, let alone suggest a constructve alternative?

Besides what good will complaing here do?

All motorcrossers write letters? You are joking.

I already register my bikes and so do lots of others so whats the big deal. If it makes it easier for plod to recover stolen trials bikes ask the rightful owners how they feel.

Honest people pay taxes its what we do. Which is why you can have the nhs schools social services, law and order. If you are not happy with this vote, get your mates too aswell and change things, hell you could all become politicians, but my guess is its easier to moan here.

<rant>

to win elections in the UK you propose new legisaltion - this has no bearing on the fact existing legislation exists to cover the problem, nor the fact red tape is strangling business and restricting peopl's civili liberties

don't you just love the nanny states

no one wins by saying we just need to get more bobbies out there on the beat ....

</rant>

Remember the gun laws introduced a few years back?

Organised clubs and licenced gun users had to hand in their (certain types of) weapons for disposal.

Did this do anything to stop gun crime or did it just legislate against the already law abiding?

Remember the gun laws introduced a few years back?

Organised clubs and licenced gun users had to hand in their (certain types of) weapons for disposal.

Did this do anything to stop gun crime or did it just legislate against the already law abiding?

I think you will find that the Dunblane tragedy brought about the changes in the gun law perhaps you should go on that forum and ask what they think.

Weren't the gun laws changed after a judicial review?

<rant>

to win elections in the UK you propose new legisaltion - this has no bearing on the fact existing legislation exists to cover the problem, nor the fact red tape is strangling business and restricting peopl's civili liberties

don't you just love the nanny states

no one wins by saying we just need to get more bobbies out there on the beat ....

</rant>

Name me one proposed legislation that won any election, ever?

Red tape is definately not strangling buisness this is repeated tabloid hype, the economy is at its strongest for a long time, ever?

What about something radical come up with a few of your own thoughts?

If you don't like the country go somewhere else become a politician but stop the whinging.

If you don't like the country go somewhere else

I did & live so much better for it :thumbup:

To be honest its about the only thing that's left isn't it? The country is being sent down the toilet year by year & I can't see it changing anytime in the near future.

Do as Nige says........................Get out while you still can :angry:

I love the UK and wouldn't live anywhere else, its the best place to be imo, if its not for you then go where you think its better.

Now the fact that I am located approx 3 hours south of where I'd like to be is another thing but for now the beautiful south it is, unfortunately, but canada...............now that is a long way from Yorkshire!