Bou New Indoor Champ

Andy

Well done to the lad. I'm really pleased for him and I think having Fuji and Dougie as part of the team will help him keep his feet on the ground and not go down the arrogant route Raga did that has now bitten him firmly on Highland Lassie's favourite a**e!

I am going to have some serious fun with Octagon on this one... :hyper:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying the rounds have been cancelled Andy? and have they gone bust?

No. Argentina was cancelled with no reason given. There is still one round to go, but it is mathematicaly impossible for Raga to retain his crown. If you don't know my history with Octagon, I think they are a waste of space and no good for the sport with their constant changing of venues, dates etc. Read this. They absolutely hate me for publishing that, but everybody else got a good laugh :hyper:

Well done Toni (jez from haven) Bou on yer win (hopefully unless octogan bring out more venues and rules,it wouldnt be beyond the imagination with that lot!) and nice to see that pretentious ,jumped up little upstart *** ***** **** *** so called indoor champ get his bumhole whoooped!! :D

I thought they all said the 4rt was no good indoors ??? Dont believe all the 2t hype :hyper: Especially from the 3.2 camp :thumbup:

Edited by marky boy

Wow, i have never doubted his talent, and i have always thought wow, this guy is something special.. But before the start of tyhe season, i did not think he would have made world champ this year on the 4 stroke.. And i will say WOW again to the style , charisma, and the way he made so many sections look so easy, along side the rest of the BEST, yes i wanted Dougie to win, but he will not win another indoor, when you have the talent of Bou in the stadium. Bou was my second favourite and still is.. If Dougie does not win the outdoor, then i am really happy for Bou to win.. What a Talent i can't wait to see him at Hawkstone !!

WELL DONE TONY !!!!

An interesting question is (could he have done it on a Beta )

The amazing part of this victory is the fact that he only started riding the 4rt on Jan 1st, to adapt to a different bike and win a world crown in less than 3 months is truly amazing :hyper:

What will Bou's world crown spell for the greatest British trials rider ever? :D

Well done to the lad. I'm really pleased for him and I think having Fuji and Dougie as part of the team will help him keep his feet on the ground and not go down the arrogant route Raga did that has now bitten him firmly on Highland Lassie's favourite a**e!

I am going to have some serious fun with Octagon on this one... :hyper:

Andy,

If I'm not mistaken the idea behind trials is to keep your feet firmly off the ground!

But well done to Bou. I for one did not think he would win the indoor title. I thought that the skill and experience of Raga and the Spanish 2006 indoor champion, Caby, would be too much for the youngster, learning to get to grips with the 4RT. I'm very pleased to admit that once again I have been proven wrong.

The real test, will be the outdoor series. Indoors the bar has been raised, but is it possible he can do the same outdoors? One thing is for sure that this coming outdoor WTC will be the most open in years.

An interesting question is (could he have done it on a Beta )

The amazing part of this victory is the fact that he only started riding the 4rt on Jan 1st, to adapt to a different bike and win a world crown in less than 3 months is truly amazing :D

What will Bou's world crown spell for the greatest British trials rider ever? :thumbup:

If your refering to Doug do you not mean the World's greatest trials rider? 7 Outdoor, 5 indoor and 99 WTC round wins.

If you don't know my history with Octagon, I think they are a waste of space

Don't sit on the fence Andy :hyper: totally agree, I think the indoors is a bit of a circus in any case so more interested in the outdoors.

But Top Man Bou and Well done.

Rumour has it that Octagon are loosing the indoors and are being taken over by Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

Tony thought that it would make him look really good at managing the indoor series, seeing Octagon have made such a mess, and it would restore a bit of faith in his management skills.............and it would be global.

Gordon has seen how much money Octagon rip everybody off...................so nothing new for him :thumbup:

If your refering to Doug do you not mean the World's greatest trials rider? 7 Outdoor, 5 indoor and 99 WTC round wins.

Beat me to it, I think Doug has had his day as far as being WTC again, I would dearly love him to bag a 100th win though.

Doug's record will stand in history for a very long time, and it will go to show what a true champion he is. Will Raga win another Outdoor, possibly, but not 7, will Bou win in 2007, probably, but again will he win 7??

I think Wiggy could pose a serious challenge in a couple of years, and who knows there may be a young up and coming youth in the Spanish ranks that will spring a suprise.

So Spain can produce a star, but hell Britain have got a 7 times WTC and I think that will be very hard to beat :D

But well done to Bou. I for one did not think he would win the indoor title. I thought that the skill and experience of Raga and the Spanish 2006 indoor champion, Caby, would be too much for the youngster, learning to get to grips with the 4RT. I'm very pleased to admit that once again I have been proven wrong.

[gloat]

This result is truly remarkable and only slightly tainted by Cabestany's retirement due to suspension failure when he was riding so well.

Bou has only been on this bike a few weeks and hes won 3 straight events on it. It was muted that the big boys would give him more of a challenge in this event with this being a World Championship event and the previous two were invitationals, but he still kicked butt and by some hefty margin. :D

This guy has so much going for him! skill, passion, presence and more charisma than Raga will ever have!

and I believe because of this, he will be adored by the World. Brilliant!

I seriously think that if he can maintain consistency (unlike last year) we are looking at the next World Champion here - maybe indoor and outdoor.

p.s. Don't anyone ever say that 4 strokes aren't competitive ever again :thumbup:

[/gloat]

50% correct so far :thumbup::hyper:

Well im glad to see toni bou winning. It shows that the bike is capable and it no longer gives fujinami and lampkin something to hide behind.

lampkins years on the scene are now numbered and when he retires i for one will be glad as he is no real ambassador for the sport.

Question me and il gladly answer.

Well im glad to see toni bou winning. It shows that the bike is capable and it no longer gives fujinami and lampkin something to hide behind.

lampkins years on the scene are now numbered and when he retires i for one will be glad as he is no real ambassador for the sport.

Question me and il gladly answer.

sure we now know the bike is now capable of winning,But there's a big but here WHO made the bike capable of winning it was'nt montesa alone that's for sure,they needed an experianced rider like doug to get it right for the world stage and then put a younger rider on board to win on it,if the truth's known doug would have retired awhile ago.We never know what's behind the rider's contract.

To say his no real ambassador to the sport that's a bit of an insult to the man.

his put alot into trial's and allway's will even if it is only in the coaching field.