Flywheel Weight

ianb

Have a look at the dark grey plastic casing on the right hand side of the engine (also covers the front sprocket). If this is a one-piece item that fits against the engine then there isn't a flywheel weight fitted. If you can see a 1/2" spacer in the same dark grey plastic then you should be ok.

Whip the 3 allen bolts out and take the cover off, the flywheel weight will be held on with 2 large phillips headed bolts.

By the way, a 270 Beta without a flywheel weight would be vicious...

If you can see a 1/2" spacer in the same dark grey plastic then you should be ok.

Whip the 3 allen bolts out and take the cover off, ...

Kinell,

I've taken the weight off my 250 and want to refit the outer cover without the spacer.

Do I need to shorten the existing allen bolts or are they OK as they are? I just don't want to over tighten them and strip the threads on the casing!

Regards

Herbie

If you can see a 1/2" spacer in the same dark grey plastic then you should be ok.

Whip the 3 allen bolts out and take the cover off, ...

Kinell,

I've taken the weight off my 250 and want to refit the outer cover without the spacer.

Do I need to shorten the existing allen bolts or are they OK as they are? I just don't want to over tighten them and strip the threads on the casing!

Regards

Herbie

You will need shorter bolts

If its a UK model bike, it will more than likely have one on...mine DID, but since I started trials whilst living abroad, (the bikes overseas dont have them), I prefer to take mine off, which I just did on the 05 that I bought a few months ago....personally in my VERY humble opinion I reckon they're much better without it.