07 250 Beta

spud

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are the jubilie clips on your exhaust gaurd not meant too go through a loop on the inside of it?

Looking good though :D

i should think there will be two metal bands on the inside of those rivets that the jubilee clips should go through! At least that is how it was on my gasser one!

Obviously i put it on wrong on purpose, just to see if anyone noticed :shutup:

I am just a typical bloke. 1st thing to do when you get anything new is to throw the instructions away :rotfl:

Thanks chaps !!

are the jubilie clips on your exhaust gaurd not meant too go through a loop on the inside of it?

Looking good though :rotfl:

i should think there will be two metal bands on the inside of those rivets that the jubilee clips should go through! At least that is how it was on my gasser one!

Obviously i put it on wrong on purpose, just to see if anyone noticed :thumbup:

I am just a typical bloke. 1st thing to do when you get anything new is to throw the instructions away :shutup:

Thanks chaps !!

Will look much bettter now you've got it sorted :D

My new baby has arrived, added a few things to it . Carbon fibre exhaust cover to stop melting water proofs.. clutch and water pump cover, cover to block hole above radiator, fork protectors and swing arm protectors . Just waiting for the Raptors to drop through the letter box also as you can see is the Radycool stickers . Heres a few piccies.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200/do...in/100_1842.jpg

Hello DP, very tasty looking bike if you don't mind me saying, how about getting the wheels done (not just saying cos i got mine done) :D ? Picture 1842: on the exhaust muffler you have a 250 sticker, was this the sticker meant for the swing arm? I'm thinking about a set of footpegs when the funds allow and was considering TrialCast pegs because they are cheaper than the raptors. The first wash of my bike i left it over night in the garage with a little water on the standard steel pegs the next day they had rust on them. :rotfl:

Edited by spud

My new baby has arrived, added a few things to it . Carbon fibre exhaust cover to stop melting water proofs.. clutch and water pump cover, cover to block hole above radiator, fork protectors and swing arm protectors . Just waiting for the Raptors to drop through the letter box also as you can see is the Radycool stickers . Heres a few piccies.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200/do...in/100_1842.jpg

Hello DP, very tasty looking bike if you don't mind me saying, how about getting the wheels done (not just saying cos i got mine done) :D ? Picture 1842: on the exhaust muffler you have a 250 sticker, was this the sticker meant for the swing arm? I'm thinking about a set of footpegs when the funds allow and was considering TrialCast pegs because they are cheaper than the raptors. The first wash of my bike i left it over night in the garage with a little water on the standard steel pegs the next day they had rust on them. :thumbup:

Hi Spud,

Thanks. I am thinking of having the wheels done, not yet but i am sure i will have them done soon. Yes you are right the sticker was ment for the swing arm. But as i have covered the swing arm with the carbon covers i had a spare sticker to put somewhere. as soon as i have washed my bike i always spray the footpegs with wd40 and none have rusted yet .

Had my first play with the Raptors today and they are awesome :D However I need too ask....... Has anyone else found the 07 rear mudguards a lot more brittle than previous years? ( this may end up costing me a small fortune unless I learn too ride properly soon!)

Question 2 are the 4t ones as brittle?

Has anyone else found the 07 rear mudguards a lot more brittle than previous years?

Come on then, let's have the crash piccy's :D

Would love to but he's away and it was on the most daft end of day no camera type play area ( the near demolition of the front wheel is a total differnt story :thumbup: )

I thought compulsive blinging was a disease that only affects 4RT owners. Obviously the virus has mutated and is now blighting the lives of Beta owners too. We should start a support group or something. Or maybe only southerners are susceptible.... 'round these parts, broken mudguards, bent bars and mashed footpegs are badges of honour :D

Seriously, nice bikes chaps!

Looking good though :D

Try CV gaiter ties from an automotive store they are just like zip ties but made of stainless steel. Much neater and a lot thinner than jubilee clips.

Has anyone else found the 07 rear mudguards a lot more brittle than previous years?

Come on then, let's have the crash piccy's :D

Would love to but he's away and it was on the most daft end of day no camera type play area ( the near demolition of the front wheel is a total differnt story :thumbup: )

I'm shocked your 07 250 Beta damaged!!! Pics of damage please barry, this the second request :o

PS: did you check nothings missing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.....wheres 10???....prices on parts broken i'm dreading to find out when mine gets damaged

Edited by spud

Dont worry spud, betas are a lot easier and cheaper to fix than gassers.

As for the brittleness of the mudguards, i found the original one on my sherco to be a lot less flexible than the new one i got. Maybe its like the gassers with that road mudguard they come with??

Barry; Why didnt you get the titanium hangers as well?? what with all that money stuff you seem to have lots of.......why not waste it???