Beta Rev 3 125 2000

cubster

Hi there,

I would be grateful for any help in identifying the motor in my Rev3 125. It is a 2000 model, and was an early model which did not have the rev3 engine. I have been told variously it is a Gara engine or a Zero engine (maybe they are the same ?), but hopefully somebody with more knowledge of Beta's than me can help. You can see the brackets with the standard rev3 engine mounts. Pictures follow hopefully:-

EngineLeft.jpg

EngineRight.jpg

Many thanks

Cubster

thats the same engine as what was in the techno 125 and the zero apart from it has a slave cylinder on the clutch cover instead of a worm screw to enable the hydraulic clutch. it also has amikuni carb rather than the old delorto. that engine was bought in first in 1990 so its old and underpowered compared to the new 125 rev 3 motor which is exactly the same as the 200, 250 and 270 motor apart from it has a smaller bore.

That's brilliant thanks to both of you. So the Techno 125 engine was the same as the Zero..... and they also put it in the first Rev 3's....makes sense. I am having trouble with the clutch sticking when stood for a week, and dragging a bit, so was going to fit Surflex plates, but did not know what on earth to buy. Guess it will be the ones for the Zero then (please tell me if I've understood wrong!)

Thanks again

Cubster

Edited by Cubster

nah you buy them for the beta year 2000 rev3 125 and say it has the same kinda engine as the techno 125 had becasue we dont no fro deffinate if it is the one out of the zero and because it has a hydro clutch it might have different size plates or something hope this helps you cause i dont want you to end up with the wrong ones

i not sure that was the intended angine for the early revs because of the way the brackets are welded on surely if it had been intended they would of put proper brackets. has someone change the engine possibly didn't like the new rev engine but liked the new frame? engine looks smaller then the current rev

j@mes they where welded like that on the techno aswel it is just an easier way of gettin the engine to fit the reason it is smaller is because the engine of the newer 125 has a 250 bottom end

and cubster the bike looks very nice from what i can see better condition than some new bikes i have seen :wacko:

Edited by beta boy