2007 Rev3 270 Carb Issues....

NAD1

Hi

First time for me on these forums and soon to be first time for me on a Beta after 12+ years on a Gasser

I have been a Gas Gas rider since 1995 and always loved them, however with maintenance time becoming scarce I have decided to move to the less time/maintenance intensive Beta.

Having ridden a 250cc and a 270cc I have ordered a 270cc, primarily as it appears to offer more low down grunt and grip (please correct me if I am wrong on this!)

I have heard people discussing the carb issues on the Rev3's and am now wondering

a) exactly what the issues are??

and

B) what I need to ensure is done to the carb before I collect my shiny new bike??

I have spoken with the dealer when ordering the bike and they say that it 'should' all be OK with the bike and the carb, however as a total newbie to Beta issues I want to make sure I know what needs doing so I can go back to the dealer and advise them what I want done.

I dont have a problem with buying some new bits (someone mentioned a larger float bowl) but obviously am wanting to ensure that the bike is 100% when I first ride a trial.

Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt think i had a problem with my beta until i did a 10 mile lap on a trial and it was dry after the first lap.

i checked the float heights and they were spot on i adjusted the needle valve to the 1/16 movement as suggested (mine had about 5mm!) and i did the carb mod. it seemed wrong to be drilling crabs but the job was easy enough and took about an hour all in (i left the epoxy for 24 hours before adding petrol)

ran the bike at the weekend and i had almost 2 and a half hours continuos running before i ran out of gas.

easy cheap quick solution who could ask for more..

I bought a brand new beta last year after gas gas .

love the bike but hated the carb problems, have had all the bits done, runs great but still wont start facing down hill and is a pain.

when you buy one you will then find out how many other people have carb problems , if you get a bad one it will drive you nuts. you will be forever taking the carb off. not what i expected to do with a new bike, never touched the gas gas carb?

the bike is great except fot the carb and it has been a problem for years and beta cant be bothered to sort it out????

glad i was of some help!

Hi Mick, was a big help thanks.

After consultation with the boss the only way I could do it was on 0% finance - sorry!

Will call you ASAP when got it as I need clothes, a few add on bits etc etc.

Cheers

Nick

In nearly all cases you should fine that once the float tangs have been adjusted the bike will run fine for club trials, although it might spill a little bit of fuel out every now and then. You might want to try to drilling mod, but obviously only if you're still not content with the way it runs after the float tangs have been properly adjusted. If after adjusting the float tangs, and you are riding big steps and drops and the bike bogs down then a float bowl extension is available.

:icon_salut:

Bob

Out of 7 or 8 Beta only had Problems with 2 but if i had not done anything to them they were totaly unriderble at longer lap events and waiting in gullys you would get thumping heads from the fuel pi#sing out. Glad i touched mine.

Mine has been "Touched" as well :thumbup: no leaks very little bogging fairly good to be honest though new reeds might help. On the other hand my old man's has not been "touched"...(insert your own comment here :icon_salut: ) it pi$$es petrol out of every orrifice and no matter how hard I've tried to set it up similar to mine, nothing works. It should now be in a box on it's holidays to Silsden to get "fixed".

If it ain't broke don't fix it, we the Carbs need a fixing and a half