2007 Rev3 270 Carb Issues....

NAD1

I think this thread is making the problem sound a lot worse thwn it is. My 04 250 leaked fuel when it was left at an angle. It never bogged down at all and ran fine. I ride in lots of single lap road trials and I never ran out of fuel on it. ( I did on my 4RT but that is a different story)

My current 07 200 leaks fuel when left at an angle, and it doesn't like to start when it's facing down hill, but again it doesn't worry me I just move the bike to somewhere that it will fire, and it always does without problem as soon as it's facing up or level. It runs spot on, so I am never that fussed to do anything about it. I have ridden the Hurran, the Colonial, The Colmore and the Bemrose on it and they are all big lap trials and had no problems with it, always had plenty of fuel to get me to the next fuel stop. Maybe I have been lucky.

It is not right that they leak fuel out of the carb, but they do it is a fact, like there is problems with all makes of trials bike. It could be worse they could leak oil out of the crank case!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, welcome too the site :thumbup:

As soon as you have your Beta set up you wont be disappointed, have a look through HERE a few good tips in there coupled with some excellent pictures and explanations of what needs doing :icon_salut:

Thanks for this, made interesting reading.... Also made me think - Jeez! should I really be getting one of these things??

Is it worth me getting the float extension bowl and carb jet kit fitted B4 I collect bike?? (gonna be about 2 weeks before there are some in UK!!)

Cheers

just be aware there is a carb problem, I was not last year when I bought mine and it really has enoyed me, if there was not a problem there would not be a link where you can modify the carb?

i have heard all he excuses , petrol is suppose to leak out??? .fuel leaks out

because the carb was designed to run straight and it leans over, so when the bike faces down hill the carb floods, its not rocket science.

others say turn of the fuel when you park up !!!!!! sure you aregoing to forget to put it on at some point

mine does not start facing down hill so when queing in a gulley you have to keep it running if it stops you have to face it up hill to start it wharts that all about???

none of these problems would ever have happened with the gas gas.

surely at the end of the day you should not have these problems with a new bike, I just want to taKE IT OUT AND RIDE IT.

the bowl nut wont make any difference unless you ride mega steps

be warned

Edited by tilertrialler

none of these problems would ever have happened with the gas gas.

Don't start that, that is not what the post is about. I am having to bite my lip. I could tell you a few stories about the problems I had with my Gas Gas, but I am not going to start slagging off other makes of bike.

If you are so upset with your Beta, just sell it.

Before te recent death of the stator my 05 250 indeed leaked but always started anywhere even mid waterfall in the nastiest of manx weather (summers day) and i have never modded carb/messed with jets. tangs or owt. But maybe im lucky

Just imprint on your mind one thing

Turn the (beeping) Fuel off and ye'll ne'er go wrong.

Unless you bought a bad one like my 05 gasser with which it is easier to state what didnt break than what did (got shut after 3 months) probably a friday afternoon job :thumbup:

Another thing you may know about betas, crap electrics WD40 on flywheel and in its casing every ride (as i wish i had).

Good choice and have fun with it :icon_salut:

I have had a 270 Rev for every year one has been made. I pop the carb and adjust the floats by eye right out of the box then ride the bike for a season without ever having to change the plug in most cases. My bike always runs top notch. I have had National riders ask how my bike is set up because it runs so well. Yes, out of habit I park it up hill if it is going to set for a time, big deal. It always starts anyway.

One thing I will say is Betas like good gas. The second thing is they like to run. If you are the type of rider that idles around and lugs the bike all the time you need to pop it up into 3rd rev it up good with the clutch in and the rear brake on hard. Keep popping the clutch a little to bring the revs back down quick. She should always rev clean to top rpm. If it will not adjustments are required.

Aaron

Listen, i appreciate where some of you guys are coming from, but i have had new betas each year since 1998. Never once have i had a problem with a carb and i think the electrics have ballsed up once in 2001 i think. touch wood. My last few rev 3's have never had the carb off nor the plug changed and that includes doing the manx 2 day. Another point is that i seal around the flywheel cover to keep the damp out. I think to many guys work and a*** about with their bikes when they dont know their arses from their elbows to be honest.