Dellorto Carb Fitting...

NAD1

Hi, I have made some postings on the 'To Beta or not to Beta'

I have just picked up my new Beta 270 and have subsequently bought a Dellorto carb.

BetaRev3 has offered some advise on fitting it and said that ralph may be able to assit me further - looking for help please.....

Thanks

Cheers Ralph, am hoping I have the same joy from the Dellorto as you have.

It arrived this afternoon, so will try and get it on this week before I ride at the weekend so any advise & tips you can offer that will save

a) skin on my hands

:rolleyes: time

will be greatly accepted

Nick

Nick, have you got the bugger on yet? do you have any hair left? are you knuckles a bit sore? are there any plasters left in the medi kit? did you give up after 3 hours and stick the leaky thing back on and said f*** it?

Hope it went ok mate, ahhhhh how I laughed getting Ralphs Dellorto on mine last Xmas

Nick, have you got the bugger on yet? do you have any hair left? are you knuckles a bit sore? are there any plasters left in the medi kit? did you give up after 3 hours and stick the leaky thing back on and said f*** it?

Hope it went ok mate, ahhhhh how I laughed getting Ralphs Dellorto on mine last Xmas

Hi, no only picked it up from Post Office depot yesterday and not attempted it - yet.

Waiting for tips and advsie from Ralph, however after seeing your comments am wandering if it's gonna be worth it....... Will have a go after the weekend hopefully as n time before!!

If anyone can offer me time/skin saving advise n fitting a Dellorto, please let me kno...

Cheers

Beleive me Nick it is worth it, I spoke to Ralph yesterday and he said he still takes the mid box out to refit it but not the header. Seems excessive but its near impossible to get it on without doing so or taking hours ( I know) If you have nt already done so the air box boot is larger air box side, swap it over so the air box side is now the carb side, makes things alittle easier. I have always removed the reed block spacer on my rev 3's to get more room getting the carb off and on, not tried it with an 07 though, might be worth trying. Ralphs biggest concern was the carb getting dirty and running ***** as posted on here from a few riders. This hasnt happened once since he bought it months ago. He doesnt really clean it that often either so putting it back on isnt a weekly job as with the Mikuni sometimes. You might need a larger jubillee clip for the boot as well? Ralph has, not 100% why though and I think the fuel pipe is just pushed on rather than having a securing clip like the Mikuni. Hopefully he will post tonight with any tips to make things easier, but once on you will wonder why Beta dont fit these as standard? they would sell more bikes I recon.

Edited by Betarev3

Beleive me Nick it is worth it, I spoke to Ralph yesterday and he said he still takes the mid box out to refit it but not the header. Seems excessive but its near impossible to get it on without doing so or taking hours ( I know) If you have nt already done so the air box boot is larger air box side, swap it over so the air box side is now the carb side, makes things alittle easier. I have always removed the reed block spacer on my rev 3's to get more room getting the carb off and on, not tried it with an 07 though, might be worth trying. Ralphs biggest concern was the carb getting dirty and running ***** as posted on here from a few riders. This hasnt happened once since he bought it months ago. He doesnt really clean it that often either so putting it back on isnt a weekly job as with the Mikuni sometimes. You might need a larger jubillee clip for the boot as well? Ralph has, not 100% why though and I think the fuel pipe is just pushed on rather than having a securing clip like the Mikuni. Hopefully he will post tonight with any tips to make things easier, but once on you will wonder why Beta dont fit these as standard? they would sell more bikes I recon.

Cheers for this, will def make this a Monday afternoon job then....

Yes you will find it much easier if you turn the airbox rubber around as said above.

I also changed the fuel pipe to one that fits the dellorto and then wired it on to the filter with grip wire, but left the original pipe on to the filter from the tank.

This is a tricky job, but it can be done without taking off the midbox in about ten minutes.

First off - put plenty 2 stroke oil on the carb and on both the inlet manifold and the airbox rubber boot.

Then fit the carb into the inlet manifold (reed block) but at the same time you need to hold the airbox rubber back so that the side of the rubber catches the left hand side of the carb inlet. I then hook the airbox rubber with a 3mm allen key and slide the airbox rubber on. Then check the airbox rubber is on all the way around with your finger. Finally fit the jubilee clip by opening it out completely and threading it around the back of the carb making sure you dont catch the brake pipe. It sounds complicated but once you get used to it it is straightforward!

But is is very sore on the backs of your fingers!

cheers

Hi Nick,

Sorry about not replying got droped off from footie 2 hrs ago and it has taken that long to get in and through to the back of the house. Why do we do it. I will be walking like Jon Wayne in the morning.

Will reply tomorrow when i have time but much the same as the aboves.

Going to take 1 hr to get up the stairs on my bum. Fat blokes should not run about it hurts.

Yes you will find it much easier if you turn the airbox rubber around as said above.

I also changed the fuel pipe to one that fits the dellorto and then wired it on to the filter with grip wire, but left the original pipe on to the filter from the tank.

This is a tricky job, but it can be done without taking off the midbox in about ten minutes.

First off - put plenty 2 stroke oil on the carb and on both the inlet manifold and the airbox rubber boot.

Then fit the carb into the inlet manifold (reed block) but at the same time you need to hold the airbox rubber back so that the side of the rubber catches the left hand side of the carb inlet. I then hook the airbox rubber with a 3mm allen key and slide the airbox rubber on. Then check the airbox rubber is on all the way around with your finger. Finally fit the jubilee clip by opening it out completely and threading it around the back of the carb making sure you dont catch the brake pipe. It sounds complicated but once you get used to it it is straightforward!

But is is very sore on the backs of your fingers!

cheers

Cheers for this info, much appreciated.

Am liking the sound of 10 minutes, although I'msure that it will take me longer as this will be first time playing with a Beta - Am used to Gas Gas, half the work already done for you with them as most of the screws/bolts/nuts already loose or fallen off

Edited by nickday1

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Been putting this on this afternoon - got it on relatively easily BUT................

It will not run at all, played with float levels etc etc still will not run - it kicks over then dies.

Took it apart and it appears to be missing the jet that goes just in front of the needle jet - hence wont run!

Can someone please advise what jet I need to get for this???

Cheers from a very annoyed Nick....

• 2 weeks later...