Bleeding Brakes

tom 1

Im servicing my beta and i have come to bleed the brakes on it. and no matter what i do i cant seem to get them to work.

is there a certain way you have to do it on these bikes.

as my stepdad who has had bikes years cant even fathem why they wont work.

the back has no pressure on the lever really and the front does nt either.

can you explain how you bleed the brakes on oyurs.

thank you.

I did own a Beta once, but didn't ever bleed the brakes. You may want to think about rebuilding your brake master cylinders though. My sherco had lousy rear brakes when I got it. People in my district assumed that the line needed to be bled, so I did. Much to my disappointment, the brakes didnt work any better. So I took the pedal off to extend the plunger. When I put pedal back on, my brakes didn't work at all. There was vitrtually no pressure on the pedal, and pressing the pedal made a squishing noise. So we decided to replace the o-ring seals around the pucks on the brake caliper. That didn't work either. Finally, we rebuilt the master cylinder and the brakes work very good now!

I'm servicing my beta and i have come to bleed the brakes on it. and no matter what i do i can't seem to get them to work.

is there a certain way you have to do it on these bikes.

as my stepdad who has had bikes years cant even fathem why they wont work.

the back has no pressure on the lever really and the front does nt either.

can you explain how you bleed the brakes on oyurs.

thank you.

Hey i have a mont and also had trouble with air. Shops recommended opening the fitting at the calipper or they use a pump and push the fluid in from the calliper up to the m.c. On mine no amount of bleeding seemed to work on my fr. brake or on my clutch which had drag. I ended up hanging my bike from the ceiling of the garage rotating the m.c. on the bar so it was level and bleeding that way. It worked great the brake. I hung up the front of the bike the clutch i hung up the back. Strong brakes now and no clutch drag! Like i said no amount of bleeding worked for me, i tried every which way but that worked great the first time and the best thing is it was my wifes idea. :)