Scorpa Tys200f ?

mr clean

On the Australian site it indicates that the air cooled scorpa will be available with a 200 motor.

I see a few mentions in the forum about a 168 version of the 175, any other info or online links about this one?

http://www.thehellteam.com/bikesSY175F.html

The 160cc kit has been available from the factory, for a couple of years now. I have likewise seen people make reference to an SY200F, as if it is a factory production bike, but have not seen anything (as far as marketing materials) that supports this. Not sure if the bike is a reality, or if folks are just confusing the kit with a production model.

With another quick search can't seem to find the big bore kit info. Do you order a complete bike from the factory, or do you buy parts and have the engine torn apart and bored out etc. If its bore out kit, will it work with the 125? What does it cost?

I wonder if they will ever produce a 225 air cooled setup?

• 3 weeks later...

The 163cc bike is sold as a TYS200F, and the 143cc is branded as a TYS175F.

Christian Rayer does a true 200cc Kit including cams, ignition as well as obviously barrel, piston etc. The crankcase does need to be bored to accept the large liner sleeve though.

Apparently it's a bit of a firecracker. I believe Birk's has tried the kit on a bike if you ned first hand information.

arnoux

The 163cc bike is sold as a TYS200F, and the 143cc is branded as a TYS175F.

Christian Rayer does a true 200cc Kit including cams, ignition as well as obviously barrel, piston etc. The crankcase does need to be bored to accept the large liner sleeve though.

Apparently it's a bit of a firecracker. I believe Birk's has tried the kit on a bike if you ned first hand information.

arnoux

What is the advantage in doing the conversion? It sounds like it would not be cheap and the difference in price between the 175 and the 250F isn't a huge amount anyway.

DG

The 163cc - It's sold in Australia as a TYS200F. It was released well after the 175 (143cc), so to avoid confusion , because it has a larger capacity than the SY175 and TYS175 it was deemed logical to make the nomenclature follow a similar line. Hence TYS200F.

Arnoux

• 4 weeks later...
DG

The 163cc - It's sold in Australia as a TYS200F. It was released well after the 175 (143cc), so to avoid confusion , because it has a larger capacity than the SY175 and TYS175 it was deemed logical to make the nomenclature follow a similar line. Hence TYS200F.

Arnoux

I was told a similar thing by Birks and that the uk model would come with no road kit whatsoever and have the billet yokes etc like the 250.

Ive ridden a 175 .. and as far as power goes the 175 is no where near the 250f .. even the 200 wouldnt be close .. if you are going to put a kit into it to make it a true 200cc bike you may as well buy the 250f and get a better frame and engine in the first place .. a 4rt is the only four stroke with comparable power to the 250f that ive ridden .. the 175 is comparable to a trl250 with an engine in good knick as far as i can work out

Just remember there 4Banger the 175 is still $A4000 less than a 250F and for the average Joe a lot easyer to handle, give a 175 a too much gas and you have time to recover, give a 250F to much gas and unless you know what your doing your going places real fast. The 250F is an outstanding bike but a lot of riders would do well to learn their trade on the 175 then spend the big bucks or buy a secondhand 250F because i'd say they will depreiciate fairly rapidly. The 175 will get the majority of riders where they want to go for the same amount of points that a bigger ride will extract, and in some cases probobly less!!!!!

Just a quick one for Arnoux my 143 has 175cc imbosed on the engine, I always thourght that the correct cc had to be put on the engine? what are those crazy french up too!!!!