Airbox Water Drain?

moulder

Has anybody made a drain for there Beta Rev 3 air box. I am riding Scotland so I think I best make one asap. I have an idea of how to make one just wondered if anyone else had made one. Any pics or advice appreciated. My bike is an 07 250 model

Cheers

Tony

There's a topic in Bike Specific Forums-Beta called "Rev3 Airbox Maintenance" that was started on Jan. 27 2006 by 5again, I've tried putting a link but I handle a P.C. worse than my Rev3. :) Hope this helps. ;)

Edited by GWREV3

I drilled and put an old valve stem in mine, little silicon to seal it, then tighten down the valve stem lock nut, and put the cap on it.

Yep thats the way did it on most of my bikes apart from I used a car type valve stem and pulled it through, no need to seal with silicone as it is made of rubber. Take the valve out, put the dust cap on, job done.......if it gets water in just undo the dust cap :)

Mont already got a drain built in ;)

i looked at this long and hard Lampkins had details about how to mount a tube via an empty tyre valve.

At the end of the day if you get enough water in there the bikes going to be coughing and spluttering any way as the filter will be like a bath sponge, undoubtably the drain would help if the air box is full of water but by then so would the carb be.

so as the filter is only held in with two screws i carry some kitchen towel so that should the thing get water in i whip the filter out and squeeze it dry which you would have to do anyway and get the towel screwed up and down into that airbox to get not only the water out but all the silt which really F's your carb up...

Edited by totalshell