Rear Brake

mryder

Hello,

The rear brake on my 06 Beta 200 has decided it doesn't like its current role in life and has decided to only think about stopping the bike as opposed to actually doing so. The brake works but you have to stomp on it to get anywhere, and even then, it won't lock the back wheel.

Does anybody have any suggestions to get me started?

The bike is pretty new and hasn't seen much use.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Check the pads first, see if they ve got much life left in them, if they are ok they might have got contaminated with something along with the disc itself. Give the pads a good clean with sand paper to get rid of the surface and clean the disc with brake cleaner and plenty of water. If none of the above work the system probably needs bleeding for some reason. Check there is sufficient brake fluid in the chamber/system and check for any leaks however small, re-bleeding should do the job.

Mark

Having cleaned everything up, check the adjustment (length) of the rod between the end of the pedal and the master cylinder, I had a similar problem on the sherco where the travel of the pedal was so much that the piston in the master reached the end of its travel before the brake was fully on. I lengthened the push-rod and it fixed the problem. I also realise that on a hydraulic system you shouldn't have to do this but as I say it fixed the problem for me.

Mike

Edited by arun1664