Pat Smage (guatemala) - Pictures And Videos

fillb

Same here Ian, and I've got high speed. I went looking at the photographs instead. Nice one of Pat and Ross on the podium!

It's probably the size/compression of the videos themselves combined with a maybe not-to-fast server. Nothing you guys can do about it (but fillB can mail me offline and I can provide some advice...) PM me for email addy...

Bbbent

Hey what a trip we had I would like to thank Ryan and Brad from RYP for the support ,getting a bike and everything alse along the way. Brad was a big help in Guatemala ;driving the Beemer and wrenching the bike,carrying the backpack and covering dinners ,also Dan Brown needs thanking for being involved helping do some section timing and water bottle chores ; He made it to every section both days and was right in there for every step of the way.Also am so thankful to Alvero and Alex from Guatemala as they made things wonderful for us the whole trip,plus the use of Diego's car (although plenty scary) Team Smage

Edited by northernnorm

Working out details for a possible trip to Japan in June. I just emailed Andy to see about some 411 on the event. It's a 13 hour flight from Chicago. France doesn't seen doable, way to close to the AMA/NATC opener.

Edited by City Trials

Working out details for a possible trip to Japan in June. I just emailed Andy to see about some 411 on the event. It's a 13 hour flight from Chicago. France doesn't seen doable, way to close to the AMA/NATC opener.

Not wishing to sound in any way derogatory towards the home event, but is it better to get a top place in a World Round or ride in an AMA/NATC event?

I just emailed Andy to see about some 411 on the event.

Nothing received. However, the major problem with Japan, apart from the attitude of the people is the location. You're a good two hour drive from Tokyo airport and unless you have an international drivers licence, you can't hire a car so you have to organise transport in advance and it's not cheap - though if there's a few of you that can share cost it works out better.

The Honda complex is surrounded by nothing except miles and miles of paddy fields. Once you're there, you're stuck there. The hotel is the most sterile I've ever been in. Rooms are nice, food is okay, attitude of the staff sucks. We were up 3am to fly from Manchester to Paris then a 12 hour flight to Tokyo followed by 2 plus hours on a bus to the hotel. We arrived around 11am local time on God knows what day - we'd lost track by then. They wouldn't let us into our rooms till check-in time (1pm I think) - even though they were empty and ready. They wouldn't even allow us a room to dump our gear and take a shower (and folk think what we do is glamorous and fun...)

The officials at the Trial are a nightmare. Jake, Doug, Mart - they all warned me. I thought they were exaggerating and just winding me up, but they were right It's not a place I ever want to go back to. However, if you do go then make the time to visit the Honda museum. That is well worth a visit.

My claim to fame, gained on this trip, is that Martin Lampkin called me the "Most annoying **** he'd ever had the misfortune to travel with" after I got excited about getting the hell out of the place and whistled "Leaving On A Jet Plane" for the entire two hour journey back to the airport :thumbup: