Cat Amongst The Pigeons

neo

I've been working on a friends 2002 Rev3 which has clearly been abused by previous owners. But while working (and on the rare occasions riding) this bike. I have been recalling all the great things I

Edited by Neo

Some people will come on here and swear by them, especially one certain person with a 4T ;) But I am with you on this Neo, having ridden a few of them, I have never seen anything about the bike which would make be buy one. Weird that!

On that note, I was just reading another recent post asking how to get the airbox off without dismantling the bike :angry: Another post from a little while ago documented a well known member trying to fit the carb assy back together. 3 hours later he gave up!

But saying all that, peeps who have them just look at these problems as a 'minor annoyance' and nothing more. ;)

Everyone to their own eh ;)

Neo, Atom,

you're just a pair of cynics (looked this up in the dictionary it said Sherco rider ;)???? :angry: ).

There are awkward bits of maintenance, the same as any other bike, yeah they leak fuel but it can be sorted (granted the factory should have done this by now) but for some of us they are a superb trials bike.

Neo, the support in this country is absolutley second to none.

Do you understand the concept of dillusional behaviour ;);)

PS Oi Ian, you coming to Gods Country next week or not?? We'll get Passport control set up specially for you :lol:

Strange that you dislike the Beta so much, you've just described a Sherco I once bought from new.

I've had a number of Beta's and the only bad experience which I've had it with the Stators, mechanically everything else has been of a high standard in my opinion.... just don't trust the stators.

It's a proper bike, pussy's need not apply ;)

LOL - I wondered how long it would take you to emerge once I mentioned a 'certain 4T owner' !

I canna wait to see how the new 4t Beta improves your scoring ;)

Like I said, everyone to their own. :angry:

Still unsure about the trip up yet slapshot - it will be a last minute thing if I go.

I canna wait to see how the new 4t Beta improves your scoring ;)

Who said anything about improving scores?

Let's put it this way Ian, you bought a 4-stroke and got stuffed by Sherco (who released the bike before it was ready). I took the same gamble as you but bought a Beta 4-stroke that has not let me down at all. In fact, I'm so confident about the bike's reliabilityI'm going to throw it at a load of Scottish rocks next week ;)

I just wish I had the same confidence in my own ability to last 6-days...

I canna wait to see how the new 4t Beta improves your scoring :angry:

Who said anything about improving scores?

Let's put it this way Ian, you bought a 4-stroke and got stuffed by Sherco (who released the bike before it was ready). I took the same gamble as you but bought a Beta 4-stroke that has not let me down at all. In fact, I'm so confident about the bike's reliabilityI'm going to throw it at a load of Scottish rocks next week ;)

I just wish I had the same confidence in my own ability to last 6-days...

Anyone who buys a 4T over a 2T has my vote matey ;)

Good luck in the trial and I hope someone gets loads of video for us to Laugh look at! Rather you than me ;)

My first bike was a '97 Gas Gas 270 that had taken more hammer than a blind cobblers thumb. When I decided to upgrade, I'd more or less decided on a Montesa 315 because of the build quality. Then I walked past a brand new '03 Rev 3 on the way into a bike shop and knew instantly what I was buying. Me and my mate put orders in and due to the demand for Beta's that year had a short wait. Neither of us were disapointed when we took delivery of our bikes and started riding them. Over about two and a half years, I ended up needing a stator plate re-furb and a new outer clutch housing, but at a total cost of less than

Oh, and they've also won 4 World Indoor and 3 World Outdoor Championships since 1997. ( I think that's 7 more than Sherco!) Oh, and you don't need to take out a second mortgage if you break a mudgaurd! ;)

Bikes don't win Championships....riders do......Plus the fact, like most folk I'm not a Championship rider ...so I don't give a s**t about who won what on whatever bike.

Over here, a Beta mudgard is almost twice the price of a Sherco one. ;)

Best of balance.

Neo